Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All time starting 5 from your high school
The Guru Wrote:My head hurts.Big Grin
I have read and reread this post trying to figure out why you think Adkins was better than Slone is. All I can get from this is that you think that because Adkins signed with Notre Dame that he must have been better. And then a lengthy arguement on why Slone isn't D-1 material.
Lest we be reminded that this is about High School kids. How many kids have been mentioned in this thread that never sniffed a college court?
And really now....How much of Adkins have you really seen?
Are you going on perception?
I am not asking you to believe me, but I will tell you that Slone would start over Adkins on my team.
Adkins did have much more range than Slone but the line is only 19'6".
:mad:
I'll send you a Goody's Powder, or you can stop by. I'll even afford you the luxery of curb serviceSmile

Man your a hard guy to sell.Big Grin Since you asked me to sell you my load of goods, I have just tried to give you the logic behind it. What else can I do? I thought that is what you asked me to do. What other thing would you like me to comment on? I think common sense is what I offered.

Perception? Did Adkins also not lead the state in scoring during his high school days against much better teams than Paintsville currently plays? That's a little better stat line than what Slone is doing as well. Probably not all that relevant of a statement , but none the less, so.

To be picky here , the line is actually 19'9", and if you are not a jump shooter and can't elevate from that distance you better have 4 other guys setting picks for you on each play because you will never be able to get a shot off from that range, if you cant create against D1 type defense with 6'5" lightening quick quards quarding you. What range does for you is to give you about the only equalizer that you can have if you are missing the athletic factor. Slone shoots a set shot from that range , does not shoot a true jumper as he is minus the athletic element. Keep in mind that is only the offensive factor. What about defense? If you are not able to in turn guard those same 6'5" lightening quick guards, you are basicly useless anyways. That is a more important element than the offensive factor to begin with. Thousands of kids in America can put up big offensive numbers. Put em in the real world after that. There is a reason why the 15th region has not produced a D1 signee for 10 years now.

I'll give it a rest. This all started out with me just kidding around with you. I wont have any more comment on the subject as this may get out of hand and be perceived as a player bashing segment. Slone is a good player. Never meant to imply that he wasn't. Certainly one of the best to play in this region the last few years. He is just this years nominee of the annual 15th region hype fest that we annually initiate. We for some reason have to create our own super hero to feel equal with the rest of the basketball world. There are some guys that have watched maybe more high school basketball in the area over the years than I have, but I've seen more than plenty and been around for a long time. Played on one of the better teams to ever play in this region and got to live that dream that every high school player in the 15th region themselves only dream about, so at least give me the credit of certainly being no dummy on the subject. Smile

As I said , mine is all just an opinion to begin with, and we all certainly have one of those.
Messages In This Thread
All time starting 5 from your high school - by Mr.Kimball - 01-25-2008, 06:54 AM