Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All time starting 5 from your high school
More Cowbell Wrote:That's a good list too. I thought about Matt Baker, but I didn't remember him transferring! Was that right after Bobby O quit the job?

As for Elisha, I think he will be on the list after his career, but for now I would have to have Mitch Harris on there instead.

Yeah, it was soon after Bobby quit and Rodney took over the job, just around the time of the coup de tat when all seniors quit the team.

Mitch Harris was a solid ball handler, defender and scorer, and yes, by the time Elisha is gone, he will be on that list. Its funny that those teams with Harris, Bowling, Johnson, Keys, Hall never made it past the reginal semi finals though (due to Belfy teams with JJ Hylton and Shawn Hagar) and even lost district championships to Pikeville. Also at PG on that list could be Rodney Kiser, great defender, rebounder no the best scorer but hard nosed for a floor leader. He led the team in 1992 that beat Elkhorn City with Heff Conley, eventually losing to another Belfry team. Of course there are Terry Wright and others who have played there since I have been gone, most look back at the list and only remember the prolific scorers and not those guys who had other intangibles. Jamie Roberts and Nathan Berger to name a couple.
Messages In This Thread
All time starting 5 from your high school - by A-TRAIN - 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM