Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54
5timechamp Wrote:Valley is a bad spot right now. They played a lot of big early season games and tournaments and did really well. Now they are in a stretch of their schedule that are games they know they are supposed to win and I think every game since the trip to New York they are not playing with very much intensity. I think you will see a different team Friday against Pikeville and going into the All A. You know it is always dangerous when your turning the switch on and off.

Good post.

I agree, something is not right with Valley. This makes three straight games where they have let a lesser opponent hang around a lot closer than they should have. Granted, they have all been road games, which are always tougher to win by a blowout, but still.

I think you hit the nail on the head in that they are not playing with a lot of intensity right now. An earlier poster remarked that it seemed SV was going at about 75% tonight, which may be enough to squeak by Pike Central but won't get it done against stronger competition. I suppose if I was a player, I might have a hard time getting up for a meaningless local game after having played so much elite competition over the past month (Male, DeSales, J-Town, Miami Senior, Holy Cross).

I guess we will find out in this Friday if this is just a matter of not being fired up for a lesser opponent, or if the problems run deeper. Important district game against a rival like Pikeville, and back at home, if they can't get things turned around for that one it will be a long night.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54 - by uk96 - 01-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54 - by MVP2 - 01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54 - by ZAG - 01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54 - by More Cowbell - 01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Shelby Valley-59 Pike County Central-54 - by EOE - 01-19-2008, 08:32 PM