Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold backs - why EVERYONE should support it in Pike County
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:That is the only reason for doing it. Different people have different excuses on how it is good. But that is all they are, excuses to get a extra year of playing in middle school. People say because kids are not mature enough for college at 17 or 18. Yet very few athletes even go to college from the county. Even if they did, how can a parent tell how mature a kid will when graduated from high school while they are only in the 7th grade? Some say they are not mature enough for their grade. Yet, I bet when they get old enough they get their drivers permit and license as soon as possible. If there are any other reasons, or excuses as to why the ruling should be changed, will someone please post them?

Too many variables are involved and it is really a 'case by case' basis. You seem to be arguing that kids do not mature in any aspect in one year. I'm glad that you don't make the decision for my children, whether I choose to hold them back or not.
Messages In This Thread
Hold backs - why EVERYONE should support it in Pike County - by ARC - 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM