Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who does everyone think will be the starting line ups for the 15th region teams?
all-or-nothing Wrote:IMO for Valley:

Sally Roberts
Laura Perkins
Kayla Cantrell
Courtney Smallwood
Kayla Smallwood

Amanda, Brooke, Lynn Tackett, Cyrena Salinas, and Chablis will be excellent off the bench, but imo, should not start. Although these girls are very talented, they are young and don't have enough experience to be a STARTER on a varsity team.

I'm excited because for the first time in a long time, we actually have a bench! Valley should be able to wear down most teams because Rowe will have fresh people to sub in and out at will. But, if you read these threads, coaches, I think it's a mistake to not start at least one of the Smallwoods. They were really an asset at the end of the season last year. And, coaching girls is different than boys. You'll take away team morale by not starting seniors who are good and have experience. I'm not arguing for starting seniors regardless. I don't believe in that. But, these girls can play. Don't look over this year's girls in hopes of building for the future. Just my opinion...

IMO if two girls are completely equal in talent then I would play the youngest girl. A coach has to build for the future to ensure that he will have a program for years to come. It is just the nature of the beast. You really don't know the situation and shouldn't comment on what the coach should do until you are there to watch practice everyday, and see who is getting it done.

Coaching boys and girls is different, but if the players are team players want what is best for the team then it will not matter. Every player on every team has a role, and it is important for every team member find that and except it.:thumpsup:
Messages In This Thread
Who does everyone think will be the starting line ups for the 15th region teams? - by hootie - 11-13-2007, 11:56 AM