Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who does everyone think will be the starting line ups for the 15th region teams?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who does everyone think will be the starting line ups for the 15th region teams this year?
shelby valley...if im guessing -sally roberts
-kayla cantrell
-laura perkins
-amanda sawyers
-and the 5th hard to say
Magoffin County:

G-Ashley Hall
F-Megan Powers
F-Felicia Prater
G-Katlyn Minix
C-Breanna Adams
Pike Central

G- Holly Harris
G- Abby Coleman
G- K. Ratliff
F- Ad Slone
F- Kayla Lowe
for pike central IMO Hannah Thompson will start instead of Kayla Ratliff
but thats just what i think
fair enough i was torn between the two...I was just looking back at last season and thought Hannah came off the bench better than starting.
For AC in the 58th, Sara Johnson, Kim Biliter, Brandi Brown, Jessica Toole and probably Jamie Mullins
Paintsville
Laura Carroll
Jessica Russell
Katie Adams
I have no idea who will complete this lineup.
softball Wrote:shelby valley...if im guessing -sally roberts
-kayla cantrell
-laura perkins
-amanda sawyers
-and the 5th hard to say

Amanda is a ball hog, sorry but she doesn't need to start, I play against her in P.E. a lot, she loves to have the ball, thats what Sally and Mini K are for, and Amanda has a bad attitude about losing and lets the other people on the court know about it.

Starters should be
Sally Roberts
Mini K
Laura Perkins
Brooke Coleman
Cortney Smallwood

Bring in Kayla Smallwood to relieve her sister and Amanda Sawyers. Rowe loves for his players to rebound, so I definitely see him going with a bigger lineup like the one I think will start, Rowe loves physical ball and to bang it inside the paint.
I would say for Johnson Central it will look like this

G-Chelsey Salyers
G-Haley Meek
F-Ashley Young
F-Celena Conley
C-Emily Wireman

JC should be able to go about 8-10 deep this year though so I wouldn't be suprised to see a different look every now and then.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Amanda is a ball hog, sorry but she doesn't need to start, I play against her in P.E. a lot, she loves to have the ball, thats what Sally and Mini K are for, and Amanda has a bad attitude about losing and lets the other people on the court know about it.

Starters should be
Sally Roberts
Mini K
Laura Perkins
Brooke Coleman
Cortney Smallwood

Bring in Kayla Smallwood to relieve her sister and Amanda Sawyers. Rowe loves for his players to rebound, so I definitely see him going with a bigger lineup like the one I think will start, Rowe loves physical ball and to bang it inside the paint.

First of all you can't play ball against Amanda in P.E. if you are 32 years old. Except that you might be a teacher and if so you shouldn't be on here downing the girls. So you are lying about something or someone else is using your name.
SVLadiesFan Wrote:First of all you can't play ball against Amanda in P.E. if you are 32 years old. Except that you might be a teacher and if so you shouldn't be on here downing the girls. So you are lying about something or someone else is using your name.

Not quite 32, that's just a number on here, I'm actually a Senior, Eric Althauser if you want to know, and Rowe has me and 4 other boys play full court ball against 5 of his ball team players almost every day, and whatever I say about Amanda I experience almost every day as I guard her most of the time.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Not quite 32, that's just a number on here, I'm actually a Senior, Eric Althauser if you want to know, and Rowe has me and 4 other boys play full court ball against 5 of his ball team players almost every day, and whatever I say about Amanda I experience almost every day as I guard her most of the time.
fair enough!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Not quite 32, that's just a number on here, I'm actually a Senior, Eric Althauser if you want to know, and Rowe has me and 4 other boys play full court ball against 5 of his ball team players almost every day, and whatever I say about Amanda I experience almost every day as I guard her most of the time.

Seems like some could see this as a scrimmage.....
Seemes like it's a P.E. class to me. Only girls that lay are the ones in the class, don't act like you can juimp all over this and take it to the KHSAA.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Amanda is a ball hog, sorry but she doesn't need to start, I play against her in P.E. a lot, she loves to have the ball, thats what Sally and Mini K are for, and Amanda has a bad attitude about losing and lets the other people on the court know about it.

Starters should be
Sally Roberts
Mini K
Laura Perkins
Brooke Coleman
Cortney Smallwood

Amanda is not a Ball Hog in fact she is one of the BEST passers on the team..Just wait till u see her on the Court, shes completely different...But in my opinion a good player..and she has a GREAT attitude...So u cant say nothing about her when u aint never seen her play but in a P.E class...
Vols01 Wrote:Amanda is not a Ball Hog in fact she is one of the BEST passers on the team..Just wait till u see her on the Court, shes completely different...But in my opinion a good player..and she has a GREAT attitude...So u cant say nothing about her when u aint never seen her play but in a P.E class...

Yes sir, right on captain, you tell me like it is when I play against her all the time.
"Rowe has me and 4 other boys play full court ball against 5 of his ball team players almost every day"

The fact that you used the word "has" in there, makes it seem like a little more than a PE class. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm sure that those involved would have you choose your words better.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:, so I definitely see him going with a bigger lineup like the one I think will start, Rowe loves physical ball and to bang it inside the paint.

Makes a lot of sense seeing as how he never did that as the boys coach. His team used to launch more 3's than any team in the state. Dont beleive me go look at the khsaa record book. Exactly how many times did you see rowe coach before?

And I agree trotline it seems fishy to me. I wouldnt be suprised if ol' Althauser there didnt just get rowe a call from the khsaa

Either way I figure Rowe will be quiting on this team just like he used to do his boys teams.
1911 Wrote:Paintsville
Laura Carroll
Jessica Russell
Katie Adams
I have no idea who will complete this lineup.
Amanda Jarrell.
MRC06 Wrote:Makes a lot of sense seeing as how he never did that as the boys coach. His team used to launch more 3's than any team in the state. Dont beleive me go look at the khsaa record book. Exactly how many times did you see rowe coach before?

And I agree trotline it seems fishy to me. I wouldnt be suprised if ol' Althauser there didnt just get rowe a call from the khsaa

Either way I figure Rowe will be quiting on this team just like he used to do his boys teams.
Trust me Rowe wont be quitting the Girls.
Please get the thread back on topic now.
For the Prestonsburg Lady Blackcats it should look something like this,

Julianne Frye
Rikki Hughes
Alexis Derossett
Lindsey Fields
Brittany Collins

Collins should have a really good year with alot to prove after missing last season with an injury.

GO LADY BLACKCATS!
IMO, the starting 5 for Pike Central should be. Kayla Lowe,Kayla Ratliff, Abby Coleman, A.D. Slone, and Hannah Thompson, I know some will think I am crazy for saying Hannah not Holly ,But if you ever watch the two play you will see Hannah can handle the ball better and Holly can't take the presure like Haley did and IMO thats who I would start, Holly is a good ball player but I don't think she should be the point guard.
I totally agree with thiss statement... I have heard from some of the girls on the team that Sawyers brings alot of negative nergy to the team. This is something that should be stopped immediately before it ruins the chemistry of the team.
She also needs to realize that she is only a sophomore and a transfer . Therefore she needs to quit trying to be the team leader. And she definately should not be a "STARTER"
The girls that play in the P.E. class are not forced to do so, and Rowe never even talks to them about playing during class, they have another teacher, and Rowe is mine, these girls just decide to play ball with the boys. I poorly chose my words earlier. The girls just want to play against the boys as they play basketball and I'd guess want every opportunity to get better that they have. This is not a matter for anyone to think is controversial, it was a misplay of words by me, the girls are just in a P.E. class, and almost all of them haven't even played ball more than a year so it's not like a star player getting play time with Michael Jordan during school, it's just a P.E. class, back off Rowe's case, not a thing wrong with some girls playing basketball with the boys in P.E.
Either this thread gets back on topic or it gets closed final warning.

pawgurlfan

Vols01 Wrote:Amanda is not a Ball Hog in fact she is one of the BEST passers on the team..Just wait till u see her on the Court, shes completely different...But in my opinion a good player..and she has a GREAT attitude...So u cant say nothing about her when u aint never seen her play but in a P.E class...

I have heard through the "Grape Vine" that sawyers is a ball hog!!! She is also one of the worst passers on the team. I heard that most of her passes are wild & thrown to hard & half the time the girls miss them. As she is being coached by rowe he loves the extra passes so I say she will learn to pass right & control them. Maybe that will help her not be such a ball hog.
Coach Rowe decides who are the STARTERS on HIS team. I heard Valley has another Sophomore transfer - Goble???? . . . and I heard she is making a difference in the team. If Sawyers and Goble can help the team - I say go Valley!!!!
Yes, Goble and Sawyers can help, from what I've heard on Goble she is pretty good, and I know Amanda can play, all I was saying earlier is she isn't a starter.
Pages: 1 2