Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any other schools have this problem?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well first of all you dont understand the spirit of that rule. That rule was implemented for kids to be able to attend church with their families on wednesday nights. The Gattis deal didnt start until either 8 or 8:30 at night. So that means that the kids were able to attend church, go home and get some studying done and then go eat some pizza if they so choose to go. And yes it is VOLUNTARY. I have a relative on the team and he said none of the coaches have said anything about these meetings being mandatory. But what puzzles me is why all of a sudden this is a rules violation when it has been going on for 2 years and everyone has known about it? Youd think if this was such a terrible rules infraction that something wouldve been said 2 years ago, long before "The Basketball Nazi" got on the school board.
I have a question that maybe you in youre infinite wisdom can answer. When the coach has the B-ball team out running around the mini park in August is that voluntary? I sure hope it is for HIS sake.
1) The Gatti's deal was brought up because some football parents complained to the board that the players had to pay their own way. (So where is the boosters $$ there!)
2)The b-ball team can run in August as much as they want. You can condition year around in any sport if you want to!! You should know that with the football weight program being year around!
3) The cheerleaders had no business at the Bluegoose when they can get the same thing accomplished at the elementary school. (Bluegoose has a regulation B-ball floor, elem. doesn't) that was a no-brainer as well!
4)This person was the leading vote-getter in the school board election. The voters knew what he stood for when they voted, so how do you explain that!

And finally 5) Which sport has had more kids quit over the past two or three years to play the "other" sport??? Here is a list of b-ball players that have quit b-ball to concentrate on football: Daniel harmon, Tyler Baker, Josh Staggs, Watson Ritchie, Ted Honaker, Ben Staggs, Jay Martin...that is only the ones that come to mind. I am sure there are others. How many have quit football to concentrate on b-ball?? Let's see the list! Is there someone that is "dooping" the b-ball players as well???? I think we all know the answer to that one! The basketball people are the ones that should be mad instead of the football people.
Messages In This Thread
Do any other schools have this problem? - by bball fan - 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM