Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All time starting 5 from your high school
kyrifle Wrote:JC
Howard Wallen (Morehead State)
David Couch (Army)
Bart Williams (Pikeville)
Mike Castle (could have played at a couple places)
Tim Branham (Not sure if he played anywhere after JC )
These are just a few of many that some of you are not old enough to know about, but trust me they're better than anyone that's come through JC in the last 20 years.
Some good picks there rifle. Here's my take on JCHS's best, and not only am I old enough to have seen them all play, I have seen them all play. By the way, Tim Branham signed and played at Southwest Missouri State.

Howard Wallen (G)- Morehead( Held all time assist record at Morehead until a couple of years ago) Best player to ever play at Johnson Central period.

Paul Bradley LeMaster (G)- Morehead Started 4 years at Morehead--defensive nightmare for opponents

David Couch (F)- Army (lead state in scoring his senior year)

Harry Meek (G)- McDonalds All American, member of the Ky/Indiana All Star team (Started baseball for 4 years at Louisville, and was asked by Denny Crum to play for the basketball team,(but declined) when Louisville was one of the nation's best programs)

Mike Castle ©- Best center to ever play at JC. (Played on a team at Prestonsburg Community College that defeated the heralded UK freshman team of Jimmy Dan Conners , etc.) As kyrifle mentioned, could have played at many places.

Couple of other names:
Jack Wireman(F) - the best pure shooter that to this day has ever played at Johnson Central

Terry Branham (G) - outstanding passing guard.

Vince Pack (F)- Just an outstanding athlete

Mike Jarrell (G)- Quickest player to ever play at JC
Messages In This Thread
All time starting 5 from your high school - by Mr.Kimball - 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM