Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views.
Old School Wrote:Here you go again, if you knew anything about the rules and regulations of coal mining, you would know that mitigation is real, and mining permits have designs and guidelines for the following that include Clearing, Road Construction, Pond Construction, Valley Fills, Sediment ditches, Highwalls, Blasting Plan, Ground Control Plan, Tree Planting, Reclaimation Plan, Seeding Plan and other various guidlines are all real. You would also know thatif a company continues to recieve the same violation over and over, they would go into "Show Cause", which means the permit could be revolked, but since you studied the subject and looked at all the facts I'm sure you already knew this.

Let me ask you if the restrictions, permits and fines mean nothing, then why do we waste our time applying for a permit, arguing about mitigation measures and then why are the anti-coal people trying to add more restrictions, wanting permits re-designed and wanting to have the fines increased?

Just because some anti-coal group calls it a stream, does not make it a stream. If a anti-coal group called a mule a racehorse does that make it a racehorse?

Again you just keep mentioning the same things. Goodness, please come up with something else useful in this debate. The reclamation you speak of is a joke, and I know this not only from what ive seen, but I know straight from the source. All mining companies are worried about is soil erosion, so they plant some grass and move on.

To answer you're question on why you waste time getting permits, I really don't know, companies can basically do what they want so the whole legal issues are really a joke. As of right now the coal companies basically rule this area, and if it wasn't for people like me and others, you would get by with it unchallenged, but I just cant let that happen. Before I answer the rest of this question, please stop referring to all people who oppose mtr as ANTI-Coal, I'm not necessarily anti-coal, I just despise MTR. I would rather have Underground mines that follow safety rules, then the devastating practice of MTR. Now back to the question, we argue over these issues because a lot of people are starting to see how greedy, and shady the coal industry is, they don't care about anything but a profit, and whatever the have to destroy to get that profit is fair game. So I will debate this issue, I will fight to get new laws in place and make sure they are followed, I will fight to protect this area until I die, or the mountains are gone, whichever comes first.

P.S. If you want to call a mule a racehorse, then thats fine with me, it's your mule.
Messages In This Thread
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views. - by Coach_Owens87 - 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM