Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:You can give me all the legal crap the coal adminstration feeds you, it doesnt matter, it's all bull. These restrictions, permits, and fines mean nothing. These big companies can pay off the measly fines they are given, so what does it matter?

Even before the proposed legaslation was passed illegal valley fills were being constructed. All a company had to do was ask for a waiver to allow the valley fill to be completed, and most of these were granted.

And you keep saying im being mislead, if being mislead means that I study a subject, look at all the facts, and then come to the conclusion I feel is correct, then I guess Im guilty. And it does feel good to know that im an educated young man with a bright future.

Lastly, the argument over streams is silly, weve already had this debate. I can justify them being streams becuase that is what they are called, be it ephermal or intermittent. You cant deny that streams are being buried, and I cant prove to you that they were intermittent or ephemeral becuase they no longer exist, so I feel this argument is going nowhere because neither one of us is going to budge.

I was hoping I would get some replies on what people thought of the interview, but I guess that isnt going to happen.

Here you go again, if you knew anything about the rules and regulations of coal mining, you would know that mitigation is real, and mining permits have designs and guidelines for the following that include Clearing, Road Construction, Pond Construction, Valley Fills, Sediment ditches, Highwalls, Blasting Plan, Ground Control Plan, Tree Planting, Reclaimation Plan, Seeding Plan and other various guidlines are all real. You would also know thatif a company continues to recieve the same violation over and over, they would go into "Show Cause", which means the permit could be revolked, but since you studied the subject and looked at all the facts I'm sure you already knew this.

Let me ask you if the restrictions, permits and fines mean nothing, then why do we waste our time applying for a permit, arguing about mitigation measures and then why are the anti-coal people trying to add more restrictions, wanting premits re-designed and wanting to have the fines increased?

Just because some anti-coal group calls it a stream, does not make it a stream. If a anti-coal group called a mule a racehorse does that make it a racehorse?
Messages In This Thread
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views. - by Old School - 08-27-2007, 04:11 PM