Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views.
Old School Wrote:I really don't consider this a new law, since it is only clarifying the existing 100 foot buffer zone rule which was adopted in 1983.

The 100 foot buffer zone was never intended to apply to (as anti-coal people) call them "epemeral" streams. Epemeral streams are no more than dry ditches that only carry water when it either rains or snows.

Anti-coal people say the new rule will allow the current practice to expand, but I don't see how that can happen when coal companies have to minimize the amount of material being placed in the valley fill.

Well Old school, you done one of two things, either you never read the new regulations, or you failed to comprehend them. This would all but do away with the buffer zone rule, this is evident by statements like "no larger than needed", "Minimize", "Aviod", so basically what this does is leave everything in the hands of coal operators.

And please stop trying to define a stream, we all know what one is. I think about 95% of the streams in appalachia are "Epemeral" now, were in a huge drought. So I guess coal companies should go ahead and fill those in while there dry.

I think you should consider working for the bush adminstration, youre really good at taking issues, and rewording them and twisting things so they work out best for you.
Messages In This Thread
Great article from a "green" Preacher that smashes sterotypical views. - by Coach_Owens87 - 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM