Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games decided by Officials (A Sad Time)
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:It is a sad time in KY High School Sports when the officials have become such a part of the game as to decide the outcome. I have watched over 35 high school ballgames this year and I can remember at least 20 of them being decided not by the players but by the officials. Some were decided against my team and some were decided for my team. Sad.

Unfortunately, these were mostly 15th Region Officials. What I witnessed in Hi Hat, KY on February 28 at the 58th District Tournament was the most attrocious display of officiating I have ever seen. I believe that the officials are out of position, they are out of shape phycially and unable to see what is going on. They appear very lazy. I know a "15th Region official who has "name edited" lost a lot of weight and his officiating has improved. He was not at Hi Hat. In closing, it is a shame that High School Seniors must have thier high school career ended because of incompedence of certain officials. The only thing consistant about them is they are bad, real bad. Some of them just want to be seen.

I have been wanting to say something all year, but I did not want retailiation against our players. Now that the season is over I will say what needs to be said.

I know this is a touchy subject for the Moderators, but someone has to say something before it is too late. Whomever is in control of the officials need to do something to improve thier knowledge of the game and rules.

I hope someone out there will print this off and give it to the officials. They need to be aware of the heartbreak of children they are affecting. They need to witness kids crying in frustration. Maybe then these officials would either quit or work to make themselves better, there should be no in between.

Great officials are ones that seem to be invisable on the floor, they are not out there to be seen. They control the game in a way as not to decide the outcome. It has become a circus in Eastern Kentucky. A Sad Time.
it is true i wacthed it go on for 15 years they have favorites.
Messages In This Thread
Games decided by Officials (A Sad Time) - by rallo316 - 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM