Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Tubby Smith - "Firsts and Worsts"
ah hell with it man, leave Tubby there. I guess 22-10 is the new standard at UK. And people can say what they want about Pitino, he brought a program back from the dead, went to THREE final fours, and two national championships, winning one, and done it in six seasons (the 89-90 and 90-91 teams were on probation), which is a hell of a lot more than Tubby fans can say he's done in 9 seasons, oh yeah, inheriting the absolute best position in the country. Those are the only numbers that matters. Final fours and championships are the only numbers that matter. Yes, Tubby represents the university very well, off the court, and I absolutely DO NOT hold anything against his character because he is a class act, second to none. However, I do not think he is the man who should be fronting UK. Im not a Tubby basher, and I would rather have him than 80% of the coaches out there. But UK shouldnt settle for a "good coach". They deserve better. No, UK will not be getting rid of him, and no matter what petitions are out there to sign, he'll be on the sidelines next year and the years to follow. Doesnt mean the fans have to like it though.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I tell you one thing, I can quote who I want when I want and can speak for myself. Did I say that I will quote on the positive aspect. Is there anything wrong with selective reading? Is this my thread? NO! So don't make me look like an ***! I could give a **** regardless. Kentucky is a has been program just like alot of other programs. Keep Tubby or not, I don't care. But don't throw shots at me pal!:moon: There is your Hilarity!Confusedhh:
Messages In This Thread
Orlando Tubby Smith - "Firsts and Worsts" - by TidesHoss32 - 02-15-2007, 10:23 PM