Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Varsity Cheerleading team takes 1st Place - Nationals at Walt Disney World
(02-19-2024, 11:00 AM)papagrit Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 08:53 PM)Houndwife Wrote: Non tumbling cheerleading divisions should be banned  Dodgy It is the equivalent to creating a non dribbling basketball league for the people who aren't good at basketball, then celebrating them like they're the best ??‍♀️
Nice first post.  I take it your tumbling kid didn't get a white jacket.  You should use your real avatar when making a sarcastic post like this so people will know you've got guts.   Undecided
But everyone's got an opinon I suppose.  I'm proud of them and that opinion of yours matters not to me.

Thank you!! Someone needed to say it! I remember when Nationals was TRULY nationals! The actual BEST in the country! Varsity has ruined cheerleading, for the all mighty dollar. They want anyone and everyone in Orlando to make that GREEN. They disguise it as making cheerleading "more inclusive" for those that don't have tumbling. It would be the equivalent of me waking up one morning and deciding I wanted to be a highschool basketball player even though I've never played and expecting the sport to cater to me so I can be included haha Ohh the world of participation trophies, what bliss. I'm actually not a parent hahah just observer. Those white jackets used to mean something, and they just don't anymore. You've got kids that pour their heart and souls into cheerleading their ENTIRE lives to get tumbling and be the BEST. They go down to Orlando, and compete in a non participation trophy division, and place say Top 10. HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Come home, and an opposing team waltzes by them with pretty white jackets on for being the "BEST" in the nation when they literally went out on stage and said rah rah rah ? My opinion, it's a slap in the face. It is embarrassing, and the routines are painful to watch. I hope the judges of non tumbling divisions get paid double! Instead of someone sitting these teams down, and spitting the hard truth that they aren't good enough (great life lesson there) and motivating them to work HARDER and improve themselves and get their skills, we simply make them their own division, and treat them like they're champions when they win it hahah get out of here with that. What is so wrong with if you want something, work for it? The RIGHT way? I could have never woke up in highschool and decided I wanted to be a ball player one day, and expected a state championship? So what makes anyone think they can wake up one morning and just be a cheerleading champion? Lol it needs to stop. Save all those thousands of dollars spent going down there every year and invest it in the cheerleaders. Use it to pay for gymnastics, training, etc. Something that will improve THEM! Kids today are handed enough, gymnastics, that can't be handed to anyone. It teaches self discipline, hard work, mental and physical toughness, etc. What's so wrong with that?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Rockcastle Varsity Cheerleading team takes 1st Place - Nationals at Walt Disney World - by Houndwife - 02-19-2024, 04:41 PM