Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Varsity Cheerleading team takes 1st Place - Nationals at Walt Disney World
(02-14-2024, 03:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This made year two for me going down there with my wife who is a coach of a team that goes every year.  It's very hard for me to keep up because there are so many divisions and so many kids get jackets now a days and you see so many athletes walking around the facilities with white jackets on.
I read about the group that puts on the competition on their website.  There are over 1,000 teams that attend so I guess they have to divide it up quite a bit into classes.  Like three levels of schools by size, tumbling/acrobatics shows versus game day routines etc.  I get what your saying, but, it is still awesome to beat a bunch of other teams from across the U.S. to get one of those white jackets.  I'm very proud of the local kids for winning their division in game day routine level two school size.  The participating schools are from all over the US.  The cost is enormous for the kids to have to raise the funds just to attend the competitions plus unlike other KHSAA sports programs, cheerleading outfits are not provided by the school but are purchased through fund raising.  Disney makes a slaying and the logistics of getting them there is crazy expensive.  So the kids work hard to raise the funds to stick their necks out there just for a chance for one of those jackets.  It shows these kids that they have to work for what they want just like other sports.
And the dedication of the coaches to help do all this?  Incredible!  I wouldn't even want to have to go to DISNEY every year myself.  I took my kids for three days when they were about 8-10 years old and then we stopped on the way back home at Jeckyll Island, GA for three more days of beach time just to get over the Disney trip.  My condolences to you for two years in a row.  I did my time...I'm not going back and it's been twenty years.  LOL
Messages In This Thread
RE: Rockcastle Varsity Cheerleading team takes 1st Place - Nationals at Walt Disney World - by papagrit - 02-15-2024, 01:14 AM