Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 84 North Laurel 49
(11-29-2023, 10:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: After losing Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson to graduation and then having two studs transfer schools one being Rawlings to South Laurel and Chadwell to KC I’m sure it goes deeper than rebuilding. If North had Rawlings and Chadwell I’m sure North would be in the mix of things come tournament time but as it stands North has a mediocre Head Coach that will lose a lot of basketball games. North should have turned the reigns over to Cody Messer in the off season and the landscape of North Basketball would look a lil different today. Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel and Whitley County are gonna beat the brakes off North Laurel this season.
You got to be kidding?    That coach is not the end all be all - surprised he is coaching at all.  No one is impressed with him!

(12-02-2023, 02:21 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 12:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: North Laurel losing badly to Lexington Catholic at Catholic this early in the season isn't the end of the world to me.

I had a few different people tell me that North Laurel had a good JV team last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look back at the end of the year and see a miss by people who aren't putting them in the top five or six teams at least.

Kids who've had to wait their turn while sitting behind and practicing against really talented upperclassmen can surprise you.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at fifth or sixth.
Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel  and either Whitley or North at 5 or 6..

I don't see Clay County  being ahead of Corbin(or even South, for that matter), but I'm biased. Rogue coach will likely be embroiled in more scandal before he ever coaches a regional championship team. GO HOUNDS!!!
North with another loss to CAL tonight..

(12-03-2023, 12:35 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 12:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: North Laurel losing badly to Lexington Catholic at Catholic this early in the season isn't the end of the world to me.

I had a few different people tell me that North Laurel had a good JV team last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look back at the end of the year and see a miss by people who aren't putting them in the top five or six teams at least.

Kids who've had to wait their turn while sitting behind and practicing against really talented upperclassmen can surprise you.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at fifth or sixth.
Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel  and either Whitley or North at 5 or 6..

I don't see Clay County  being ahead of Corbin(or even South, for that matter), but I'm biased. Rogue coach will likely be embroiled in more scandal before he ever coaches a regional championship team. GO HOUNDS!!!
North with 3rd straight loss tonight against Woodford. 0-3 to start the season..
They are not very good at all!
Messages In This Thread
RE: North Laurel 49 Lexington Catholic 84 (Final) - by Hi Risk Warrior - 12-04-2023, 01:14 PM