Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 84 North Laurel 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rebuilding year at North..
After losing Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson to graduation and then having two studs transfer schools one being Rawlings to South Laurel and Chadwell to KC I’m sure it goes deeper than rebuilding. If North had Rawlings and Chadwell I’m sure North would be in the mix of things come tournament time but as it stands North has a mediocre Head Coach that will lose a lot of basketball games. North should have turned the reigns over to Cody Messer in the off season and the landscape of North Basketball would look a lil different today. Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel and Whitley County are gonna beat the brakes off North Laurel this season.
(11-29-2023, 10:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]After losing Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson to graduation and then having two studs transfer schools one being Rawlings to South Laurel and Chadwell to KC I’m sure it goes deeper than rebuilding. If North had Rawlings and Chadwell I’m sure North would be in the mix of things come tournament time but as it stands North has a mediocre Head Coach that will lose a lot of basketball games. North should have turned the reigns over to Cody Messer in the off season and the landscape of North Basketball would look a lil different today. Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel and Whitley County are gonna beat the brakes off North Laurel this season.

Beat the breaks off of them, is probably not going to happen, your talking about a young team that got beat by the #10 team in the state first game, they have some very young talented kids one with 2 d-1 offers don’t think they will be as bad off as you think
(11-29-2023, 07:46 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2023, 10:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]After losing Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson to graduation and then having two studs transfer schools one being Rawlings to South Laurel and Chadwell to KC I’m sure it goes deeper than rebuilding. If North had Rawlings and Chadwell I’m sure North would be in the mix of things come tournament time but as it stands North has a mediocre Head Coach that will lose a lot of basketball games. North should have turned the reigns over to Cody Messer in the off season and the landscape of North Basketball would look a lil different today. Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel and Whitley County are gonna beat the brakes off North Laurel this season.

Beat the breaks off of them, is probably not going to happen, your talking about a young team that got beat by the #10 team in the state first game, they have some very young talented kids one with 2 d-1 offers don’t think they will be as bad off as you think
Big difference in beat and throttled.. But we will revisit after 10 games.
Without Reed there to shoot and pass
North Laurel sucks ass!

I'm so glad that I can finally root for Reed Sheppard's team.
This will be Valentines last year at NL. He will go back to Lex area as soon as there is an opportunity.
North Laurel losing badly to Lexington Catholic at Catholic this early in the season isn't the end of the world to me.

I had a few different people tell me that North Laurel had a good JV team last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look back at the end of the year and see a miss by people who aren't putting them in the top five or six teams at least.

Kids who've had to wait their turn while sitting behind and practicing against really talented upperclassmen can surprise you.
(11-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: [ -> ]North Laurel losing badly to Lexington Catholic at Catholic this early in the season isn't the end of the world to me.

I had a few different people tell me that North Laurel had a good JV team last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look back at the end of the year and see a miss by people who aren't putting them in the top five or six teams at least.

Kids who've had to wait their turn while sitting behind and practicing against really talented upperclassmen can surprise you.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at fifth or sixth.
(11-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: [ -> ]North Laurel losing badly to Lexington Catholic at Catholic this early in the season isn't the end of the world to me.

Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel  and either Whitley or North at 5 or 6..
(11-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel  and either Whitley or North at 5 or 6..

I don't see Clay County  being ahead of Corbin(or even South, for that matter), but I'm biased. Rogue coach will likely be embroiled in more scandal before he ever coaches a regional championship team. GO HOUNDS!!!
(12-01-2023, 12:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't see Clay County  being ahead of Corbin(or even South, for that matter), but I'm biased. Rogue coach will likely be embroiled in more scandal before he ever coaches a regional championship team. GO HOUNDS!!!
North with another loss to CAL tonight..
Why did Rawlings go to SL?

North with 3rd straight loss tonight against Woodford. 0-3 to start the season..
(12-03-2023, 12:35 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

North with 3rd straight loss tonight against Woodford. 0-3 to start the season..

And probably the only team that has made their selfs better, young team playing top teams in the state, with D-1 kids on their rosters, while Corbin sits at home for 2 weeks just cause they planned to be playing for a state championship haha didn’t work out for them
(12-03-2023, 02:45 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at fifth or sixth.

And probably the only team that has made their selfs better, young team playing top teams in the state, with D-1 kids on their rosters, while Corbin sits at home for 2 weeks just cause they planned to be playing for a state championship haha didn’t work out for them
The hounds gonna beat North Laurel by 20 points and y’all know it. Coach P and company are poised to make a deep run and North Laurel isn’t gonna stop them. Y’all just sit back and watch what Carter Stewart and Zander Curry and Trey Worley does with North D1 prospects. North had the best basketball player to ever come through the 13th Region and Valentine chocked in first round of sweet 16 two years in a row. Next two years North be competitive but not this season. 0-3 to start…..
I think we see on tuesday that South, Corbin, and HC are in a different category than NL. HC is the clear region favorite. Behind them Corbin and South in a tie-ish second. Then behind them is a group of 4 teams (whitley, clay, NL, bell).
(12-03-2023, 02:34 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]I think we see on tuesday that South, Corbin, and HC are in a different category than NL. HC is the clear region favorite. Behind them Corbin and South in a tie-ish second. Then behind them is a group of 4 teams (whitley, clay, NL, bell).

Ok so Corbin hasn't even played a game and won't for sometime South has played 1 ONE uno game against a weak team.  HC played Jackson County team North almost beat a 15th rank team and you are banking your rankings on what logic? HC clearly a favorite but the 13th (one of the weakest in the state IMO) is totally up for grabs.
(12-03-2023, 10:11 PM)predict_proba Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 02:34 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]I think we see on tuesday that South, Corbin, and HC are in a different category than NL. HC is the clear region favorite. Behind them Corbin and South in a tie-ish second. Then behind them is a group of 4 teams (whitley, clay, NL, bell).

Ok so Corbin hasn't even played a game and won't for sometime South has played 1 ONE uno game against a weak team.  HC played Jackson County team North almost beat a 15th rank team and you are banking your rankings on what logic? HC clearly a favorite but the 13th (one of the weakest in the state IMO) is totally up for grabs.
HC beat ashland and didn’t trail in the second half. Ashland will be a team that either goes to the sweet 16 or loses in the 16th region final. Corbin returns stewart, pietrowski, worley, curry, and elam who all played significant minutes last year. And if you watched the football on friday nights, most of them were absolute stud athletes this season. South already returned the second best player in the region, and now adds another starter from north laurel who will be a name to watch, and then add on davis. North lost to Cal, who although pretty good, has multiple players who were still practicing football. But that doesn’t mean north still isnt a good basketball team, just not the other three.

As for the last statement, honestly insane. Take the best 7 teams from the 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th up against the 13th and see who wins a region vs region matchup. I would go on to say that they beat most regions up in that scenario. They wouldn’t touch the 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th. But everywhere else they matchup pretty evenly.
(11-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at fifth or sixth.

As to date Lex Cath is in my opinion the only team they have played who looks like a ranked team. Louisville Christian was without their two best players still in football.  I watched the Woodford game and Woodford didn't look good at all. I actually cant believe Woodford played so slow and held the ball so much each possession. Especially with all the quickness and athleticism they seemed to have. I think Clay will handle the Jags easily January 5th. I will make the trip back over Tuesday to watch the North/South game. This is a rivalry game  that's like rolling the dice as the case with many rivalry games. Anyone could win!!! Tigers vs everyone.
You got to be kidding?    That coach is not the end all be all - surprised he is coaching at all.  No one is impressed with him!

(12-02-2023, 02:21 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

They are not very good at all!
(12-04-2023, 09:54 AM)BallAlcoholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Harlan County, Clay County, Corbin, South Laurel  and either Whitley or North at 5 or 6..

As to date Lex Cath is in my opinion the only team they have played who looks like a ranked team. Louisville Christian was without their two best players still in football.  I watched the Woodford game and Woodford didn't look good at all. I actually cant believe Woodford played so slow and held the ball so much each possession. Especially with all the quickness and athleticism they seemed to have. I think Clay will handle the Jags easily January 5th. I will make the trip back over Tuesday to watch the North/South game. This is a rivalry game  that's like rolling the dice as the case with many rivalry games. Anyone could win!!! Tigers vs everyone.

Quit showing how little knowledge you have of high school basketball suprised by wofford playing a slow pace game ??
(12-04-2023, 04:36 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2023, 12:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see Clay County  being ahead of Corbin(or even South, for that matter), but I'm biased. Rogue coach will likely be embroiled in more scandal before he ever coaches a regional championship team. GO HOUNDS!!!

Quit showing how little knowledge you have of high school basketball suprised by wofford playing a slow pace game ??
Woodford absolutely played slower than normal. They did not play like that against north during the summer.. Not knocking on NL that has a chance to bag the W. But Wood several times held the ball going through offense numerous times intentionally. To the displeasure of several Wood parents. The game did get fast paced at times and when it did wood gained the edge. It definitely wasn’t a stall ball game but was absolutely slower than the normal Woodford game. Maybe they feel like it’s something they may need in the future to get out of their region.
(12-05-2023, 09:34 AM)Drop-step Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 04:36 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2023, 12:35 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]North with 3rd straight loss tonight against Woodford. 0-3 to start the season..

Woodford absolutely played slower than normal. They did not play like that against north during the summer.. Not knocking on NL that has a chance to bag the W. But Wood several times held the ball going through offense numerous times intentionally. To the displeasure of several Wood parents. The game did get fast paced at times and when it did wood gained the edge. It definitely wasn’t a stall ball game but was absolutely slower than the normal Woodford game. Maybe they feel like it’s something they may need in the future to get out of their region.
This is pretty much what I was referring. Not Woodford Co normal style of play..
(12-04-2023, 01:14 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
You got to be kidding?    That coach is not the end all be all - surprised he is coaching at all.  No one is impressed with him!

(12-02-2023, 02:21 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

They are not very good at all!
South Laurel just finished spanking North Laurel 56-40. Was nearly 25 point game till Davis starting subbing down in 4th quarter. Jaguars 0-4 to start the 2023 Campaign..I’m certain the Rawlings kid at South dropped 24/25 points easily. Next stop Henry Clay..
With the mountain classic first round just ending, im going to say i was right on the money with this. SL, HC, and most likely corbin (they have to play a game first) is in a different category than the other 4. NL is 20 plus points worse than all three of those teams, they were down 20 against south at half and only had 10 FIRST HALF POINTS. Clay just absolutely dropped an egg against floyd pretty much just from the free throw line. Harris sat the bench most the second half, didn’t get touches, and they rode roarks back right to their grave. Not a good performance, but maybe should’ve been predicted with the preseason loss and without blowing out pineville. As it sits right now, i see no reason there isn’t a HC v SL region final.