Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Herald Leader Top 25 --- Let's Hear Your Thoughts!
(11-25-2023, 05:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 05:21 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Initial thought: unless Western has lost a few players to transfer, they are ranked wwwwaaaayyyy too low. Also haven't kept up, but wondering if Lloyd lost a lot that dropped them out of the rankings entirely.

Probably splitting hairs here, but surprised to see Corbin and McCracken County at the end-- not saying that they aren't good teams, just that I think that some schools like Jeffersontown and Western probably beat them head-to-head, at least early in the season.

Think Evangel Christian and George Rogers Clark may be a little high versus what they'll have to open the season. Feel like those and McCracken may be rooted more in what they've done in previous years than what they bring back this season. For Evangel, I don't know how a team who has lost a 6-10 center to a D1 program but is still rated higher than they ended the past season.

I think DeSales and St. Xavier should also be a bit higher.

I agree about Western. I was surprised they were not in the top 10.  Corbin will likely play Western in the Cumberland Falls tourney. I give the edge to Corbin, especially if their football guys have rounded into basketball shape. Corbin also gets #19 Ashland at home, #17 Harlan County at home , and #2 Great Crossing just up the road in Pineville.  Do you smell what Old School smells? Lots of good ol' home cooking !  Yummy!!!

I really like the younger Pietrowski's game. He has some things to clean up that will come with time, but I think there are some things that he can do and he's one of the few kids in the 13th that won't be overwhelmed if they play games out in the state where the whistles aren't as frequent as you'll typically see in the 13th, 14th, or 15th. I've always thought that the whistles in those regions being more frequent during regular season play hurt whoever wound up in Lexington and got officials from the 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, etc., where they usually let more go.