Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frankfort
11.11%
Rockcastle County
88.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1
(08-29-2023, 09:41 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 05:02 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Rome wasn’t built over night but it won’t be long until everyone will go from hating on the schedule to hating on playing us again  like it used to be let’s be honest Rock football was loved by the community and hated and feared by everyone else it’s a lose lose situation it won’t be long until we are right back being the villain.
I’ll defend the Rock most of the time, but the three games in a roll is a stretch. And Paris although looking good now, when this was scheduled was not a high quality pick. I defended the first two games but it’s the whole nondistrict. I understand the idea that this is a program building philosophy to bring excitement to the program, but it’s too much. For instance, look at Bell Co schedule. They should and probably could go 10-0, but there’s not a team in the nondistrict that will be a 60 point where there is no growth. Bell has played two quality opponents they are better than to win, but still improve week over week. Rock hasn’t seen a flaw yet so it can only hurt them. If you wanna build a program, play teams you can beat, but aren’t pushovers.
I get where you’re coming from. But at the same time you got to understand that the state of the program was down and I don’t mean bottom of the totem pole down I mean 6 feet in the ground below the totem pole by the time Chris took over. We’re talking shambles where more money was being distributed to every sport male and female than was going to football. Little to no booster support. The amount of players that dressed could have put Rock in 1A or 2A in football even tho at that time they were considered 4A via enrollment numbers and it didn’t appear any help was coming starting from little league up. Not to mention the funds for the football program were at $0 when Chris was hired. We didn’t really even have the funds to go to camp last year  hence why parents and others feed the team the entire time the best they could. So while all the heckling is warranted about a so so schedule or oh it’s too weak you got to understand the entire program, morale, community support etc it all had to be built back up from the bottom up. Let’s be honest now everything has done a 180 within the program and it won’t be long until the ship is completely re routed. You can bet once she is polished back up she will be looking like a fine ship at sea but we have to take the bad with the good and learn to crawl before we walk or run. Now for this years team after this week the schedule gets a little harder each week leading up to the start of the district. While Grant County and Paris are not world beaters they both probably will be undefeated when Rock plays them so that’s tougher than the first few weeks. Clay will be a great district matchup game before the game that decides district. All will be fine at the Rock. Patience is a virtue and Rock has the right coach this time to set everything straight! Go Rock!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1 - by FCSPY - 08-27-2023, 02:40 PM
RE: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1 - by 64SUR - 08-27-2023, 03:04 PM
RE: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1 - by SmashMouth17 - 08-30-2023, 02:20 AM
RE: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1 - by FCSPY - 08-30-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1 - by FCSPY - 08-31-2023, 11:16 AM