Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frankfort vs Rockcastle County 9/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frankfort will travel to Rockcastle County this Friday. 

Frankfort (0-2)
Aug 18, 23 Paris home (L) 0 - 50 
Aug 26, 23 Moore away (L) 14 - 30

Rockcastle County (2-0)
Aug 18, 23 Anderson County away (W) 53 - 15  Century Bank Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Pineville home (W) 56 - 14  Renfro Valley Jamboree Bowl

History
Aug 26, 2011 Rockcastle County 45 Frankfort 8
Aug 24, 2012 Frankfort 42 Rockcastle County 27

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543
Rockcastle should have scheduled only middle school teams. lol
(08-27-2023, 11:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Rockcastle should have scheduled only middle school teams. lol
Yeah, scratching my head trying to figure out why they would schedule such a soft schedule.
Makes no sense.   Going to be in trouble come playoffs if they have had no experience playing
good competition.
(08-27-2023, 01:24 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2023, 11:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Rockcastle should have scheduled only middle school teams. lol
Yeah, scratching my head trying to figure out why they would schedule such a soft schedule.
Makes no sense.   Going to be in trouble come playoffs if they have had no experience playing
good competition.
Obviously not worried about playoffs. This is two particular kids Senior year. It’s all about stats and the only way to get good stats is to play weaker teams. Since y’all playing a lot of 1A teams should have added Pikeville to increase RPI rating. Lol

Corbin 8th Grade would give Rock a great game.
Frankfort one of worst teams I have seen so far this year, not much speed at all. and very low on numbers.
This is a tough one to predict by how many……….going to give it my best attempt

Rockcastle County 56
Frankfort 00
Frankfort will try a few tricks but will definitely get flattened. 

Rockcastle 56
Frankfort 00

[Image: OGC.7c73957000ab7f3dbf829691889599aa?pid...mqwyJAE%3d]
(08-27-2023, 02:10 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously not worried about playoffs. This is two particular kids Senior year. It’s all about stats and the only way to get good stats is to play weaker teams. Since y’all playing a lot of 1A teams should have added Pikeville to increase RPI rating. Lol

Obviously they wasn't worried about stats because the varsity only had 18 snaps of offense against Pineville. Those two particular (Kids) you mentioned had 9 passing attempts and two rushing attempts combined. All summer you guys complained that Rock was terrible. Now the season has started you are complaining on the teams they are playing. It seems Rock and Clay get talked down upon for playing these 1A schools. But no one mentions it when Knox does it. Seems like some are just mad because a kid transferred to Rockcastle.  You guys can keep on hating on them. This team was devastated with injuries last year. Only had 6 players that played in all 11 games. So far this year they have been healthy and have beaten 5A Montgomery county 53-23 (scrimmage), 5A Anderson County 53-15, 1A Pineville 56-13. And there's a good chance 4A Grant county and 1A Paris are undefeated when rock plays them. We will be fine.
Everyone can keep talking all they want but when Rock hits district play and the W’s keep coming I want you all to keep that same energy up actually naw we won’t even waste our time saying we told you so we will just let the scoreboard and W column do that. Rock will be just fine.
(08-28-2023, 04:11 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone can keep talking all they want but when Rock hits district play and the W’s keep coming I want you all to keep that same energy up actually naw we won’t even waste our time saying we told you so we will just let the scoreboard and W column do that. Rock will be just fine.

I will waste my energy telling you told you so when Bell County smokes your hind end. lol
Rockcastle gonna have a great season but bell county will truck then
(08-27-2023, 11:21 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2023, 02:10 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously not worried about playoffs. This is two particular kids Senior year. It’s all about stats and the only way to get good stats is to play weaker teams. Since y’all playing a lot of 1A teams should have added Pikeville to increase RPI rating. Lol

Obviously they wasn't worried about stats because the varsity only had 18 snaps of offense against Pineville. Those two particular (Kids) you mentioned had 9 passing attempts and two rushing attempts combined. All summer you guys complained that Rock was terrible. Now the season has started you are complaining on the teams they are playing. It seems Rock and Clay get talked down upon for playing these 1A schools. But no one mentions it when Knox does it. Seems like some are just mad because a kid transferred to Rockcastle.  You guys can keep on hating on them. This team was devastated with injuries last year. Only had 6 players that played in all 11 games. So far this year they have been healthy and have beaten 5A Montgomery county 53-23 (scrimmage), 5A Anderson County 53-15, 1A Pineville 56-13. And there's a good chance 4A Grant county and 1A Paris are undefeated when rock plays them. We will be fine.

According to their stats those 18 snaps were almost the whole game.  The scoreboard shows 9 passes for the quarterback and 14 carries for the team.  

There is no hate here.  But there's no way to spin that non-district schedule as anything but embarrassing.  Those 4A and 5A teams that you're thumping your chest about were a combined 5-27 last season.  Rock will put up some gaudy numbers and have a pretty record this season.  But they're mostly empty numbers given the competition.
I know a lot of fans like getting on here and give Rock some heck about the schedule. However I can understand why the schedule ain't as hard as in years past due to the fact that this coaching staff has to get the county back behind the team. People can say what they want but the team was ran in the ground for about the last 10-12 years due to the fact they had no discipline or leadership. At the end of the 2021 season Rock only had around 35 kids on the team. I understand that this coaching staff first has to win back the kids, which they are doing because Rock has 68 kids on the 2023 team. They also have to win the community back because we had little to no booster club and very limited funding during that time period. It is clearly to see that slowly the boosters and community are returning to support the Rock now due to the attendance at games. With a little time I would say Rock will return to competing for district titles and regions.
Rome wasn’t built over night but it won’t be long until everyone will go from hating on the schedule to hating on playing us again like it used to be let’s be honest Rock football was loved by the community and hated and feared by everyone else it’s a lose lose situation it won’t be long until we are right back being the villain.
Rock 56
Frankfort 7
(08-28-2023, 05:02 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Rome wasn’t built over night but it won’t be long until everyone will go from hating on the schedule to hating on playing us again  like it used to be let’s be honest Rock football was loved by the community and hated and feared by everyone else it’s a lose lose situation it won’t be long until we are right back being the villain.
I’ll defend the Rock most of the time, but the three games in a roll is a stretch. And Paris although looking good now, when this was scheduled was not a high quality pick. I defended the first two games but it’s the whole nondistrict. I understand the idea that this is a program building philosophy to bring excitement to the program, but it’s too much. For instance, look at Bell Co schedule. They should and probably could go 10-0, but there’s not a team in the nondistrict that will be a 60 point where there is no growth. Bell has played two quality opponents they are better than to win, but still improve week over week. Rock hasn’t seen a flaw yet so it can only hurt them. If you wanna build a program, play teams you can beat, but aren’t pushovers.
(08-29-2023, 09:41 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2023, 05:02 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Rome wasn’t built over night but it won’t be long until everyone will go from hating on the schedule to hating on playing us again  like it used to be let’s be honest Rock football was loved by the community and hated and feared by everyone else it’s a lose lose situation it won’t be long until we are right back being the villain.
I’ll defend the Rock most of the time, but the three games in a roll is a stretch. And Paris although looking good now, when this was scheduled was not a high quality pick. I defended the first two games but it’s the whole nondistrict. I understand the idea that this is a program building philosophy to bring excitement to the program, but it’s too much. For instance, look at Bell Co schedule. They should and probably could go 10-0, but there’s not a team in the nondistrict that will be a 60 point where there is no growth. Bell has played two quality opponents they are better than to win, but still improve week over week. Rock hasn’t seen a flaw yet so it can only hurt them. If you wanna build a program, play teams you can beat, but aren’t pushovers.
I get where you’re coming from. But at the same time you got to understand that the state of the program was down and I don’t mean bottom of the totem pole down I mean 6 feet in the ground below the totem pole by the time Chris took over. We’re talking shambles where more money was being distributed to every sport male and female than was going to football. Little to no booster support. The amount of players that dressed could have put Rock in 1A or 2A in football even tho at that time they were considered 4A via enrollment numbers and it didn’t appear any help was coming starting from little league up. Not to mention the funds for the football program were at $0 when Chris was hired. We didn’t really even have the funds to go to camp last year  hence why parents and others feed the team the entire time the best they could. So while all the heckling is warranted about a so so schedule or oh it’s too weak you got to understand the entire program, morale, community support etc it all had to be built back up from the bottom up. Let’s be honest now everything has done a 180 within the program and it won’t be long until the ship is completely re routed. You can bet once she is polished back up she will be looking like a fine ship at sea but we have to take the bad with the good and learn to crawl before we walk or run. Now for this years team after this week the schedule gets a little harder each week leading up to the start of the district. While Grant County and Paris are not world beaters they both probably will be undefeated when Rock plays them so that’s tougher than the first few weeks. Clay will be a great district matchup game before the game that decides district. All will be fine at the Rock. Patience is a virtue and Rock has the right coach this time to set everything straight! Go Rock!
(08-27-2023, 02:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Frankfort one of worst teams I have seen so far this year, not much speed at all. and very low on numbers.
I believe this game has been cancelled bc of numbers.
I can confirmed Frankfort just cancelled due to numbers
Seems all is right Frankfort “can’t get a team together”
We want foley ! We want foley! Dirty thirty, went to the not enough 9!!!!

Long way from Pikeville man!
Is there any chance of getting a game?
I thought a few teams were open but they are not.
Wow. Frankfort on the ropes.
Frederick Douglass is open….
Looks like Jenkins might have an open date.
Walton-Verona is open

mediocre at best. lol
Corbin middle may be open.
There surely isn't much to defend about that non district schedule. I'm a Rock fan and all I can say is the same thing I've said several times on here before about other teams. Look down the road in 5-6 years and see what has happened. It'll be better, worse or more of the same ol'. I said the same thing when Scotty Russell got blindsided at Knox Central several years ago....where is Knox Central now? Are they better off? Same thing with Perry Central a few years ago with Haddix's replacement...are they better off than they were with those coaches? We'll see what Larkey Ball II does at Rockcastle and what this recipe turns out to look like in another four years. It takes time to bake the recipe and to tell what the coaches have done.
The biggest tragedy in this cancellation is the fact Frankfort can't get enough numbers out to play a ball game. I feel sorry for those kids more than anything! Especially for the upper class kids that have played for them for the whole time in high school and now after underclassmen COVID cancellations they are also losing out on their last year or so as well.
Pages: 1 2