Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 22 Somerset 21 Final
(08-20-2023, 02:40 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 01:58 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 11:22 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: It's not over according to reports. Lol they all said block fg somerset scored on it but the refs left field while in play. Lol I'm sure this is going to be drama, but Somerset was destroyed with penalties, but definitely best team in they're district. To much speed and talent, but weak spot discipline. Congrats Perry
The games over regardless of reports.  I understand the somerset argument, it was a bad call by the official, but the referee blew it dead after the block, therefore the Perry kids begin to celebrate and didn’t attempt to tackle the somerset kid, now had Perry hit the kid then they would have called a personal foul on Perry.  You cannot penalize the kids, if anything, you do something to the official for not knowing the rules, and if you will watch the the replay, there was 4 Perry kids around the ball, I’m certain they could have brought him down had the official not called game over.
So then it was an inadvertent whistle and the down should have been replayed, correct?
It wasn’t inadvertent, he meant to blow the whistle , it wasn’t a accident, and I’m not a big rules guy, but from what I understand they were allowed to recover it and we were allowed to stop them from scoring, but the official blew whistle and called it game, so Perry began to celebrate and somerset picks ball up and runs to end zone.  It’s simply an official hat didn’t know the rule.  No different in a basketball game, where there’s clearly a foul at the end of game but the official don’t call it and it cost a team a shot it the free throw line.   This isn’t the he first time and it won’t be the last time the officials make bad calls , and it’s simply because they can’t get enough officials anymore and they have to throw anyone they can get out there

(08-20-2023, 02:56 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 02:40 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 01:58 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 11:22 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: It's not over according to reports. Lol they all said block fg somerset scored on it but the refs left field while in play. Lol I'm sure this is going to be drama, but Somerset was destroyed with penalties, but definitely best team in they're district. To much speed and talent, but weak spot discipline. Congrats Perry
The games over regardless of reports.  I understand the somerset argument, it was a bad call by the official, but the referee blew it dead after the block, therefore the Perry kids begin to celebrate and didn’t attempt to tackle the somerset kid, now had Perry hit the kid then they would have called a personal foul on Perry.  You cannot penalize the kids, if anything, you do something to the official for not knowing the rules, and if you will watch the the replay, there was 4 Perry kids around the ball, I’m certain they could have brought him down had the official not called game over.
So then it was an inadvertent whistle and the down should have been replayed, correct?
It wasn’t inadvertent, he meant to blow the whistle , it wasn’t a accident, and I’m not a big rules guy, but from what I understand they were allowed to recover it and we were allowed to stop them from scoring, but the official blew whistle and called it game, so Perry began to celebrate and somerset picks ball up and runs to end zone.  It’s simply an official hat didn’t know the rule.  No different in a basketball game, where there’s clearly a foul at the end of game but the official don’t call it and it cost a team a shot it the free throw line.   This isn’t the he first time and it won’t be the last time the officials make bad calls , and it’s simply because they can’t get enough officials anymore and they have to throw anyone they can get out there
Inadvertent would mean he didn’t mean to blow the whistle , in this case he meant it, to him the game was over, he blew whistle, called it game.  Again, it was the wrong call, I don’t think he was trying to cheat or anything, he simply didn’t understand the rule, honestly not sure any official out there understood.  It was a mess plain and simple ,
Messages In This Thread
RE: Perry County Central 22 Somerset 21 Final - by Jet fighter - 08-20-2023, 02:56 PM