Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 22 Somerset 21 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations Perry County Central!!
Would love to hear from fans from both sides on this one. Sounded interesting to say the least.
It's not over according to reports. Lol they all said block fg somerset scored on it but the refs left field while in play. Lol I'm sure this is going to be drama, but Somerset was destroyed with penalties, but definitely best team in they're district. To much speed and talent, but weak spot discipline. Congrats Perry
Not over according to what reports??
Was this game played in hazard? Hazard/Perry might be the worst place in kentucky to try to play a fair game of any sport.
(08-18-2023, 11:22 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not over according to reports. Lol they all said block fg somerset scored on it but the refs left field while in play. Lol I'm sure this is going to be drama, but Somerset was destroyed with penalties, but definitely best team in they're district. To much speed and talent, but weak spot discipline. Congrats Perry
The games over regardless of reports.  I understand the somerset argument, it was a bad call by the official, but the referee blew it dead after the block, therefore the Perry kids begin to celebrate and didn’t attempt to tackle the somerset kid, now had Perry hit the kid then they would have called a personal foul on Perry.  You cannot penalize the kids, if anything, you do something to the official for not knowing the rules, and if you will watch the the replay, there was 4 Perry kids around the ball, I’m certain they could have brought him down had the official not called game over.
(08-20-2023, 01:58 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2023, 11:22 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not over according to reports. Lol they all said block fg somerset scored on it but the refs left field while in play. Lol I'm sure this is going to be drama, but Somerset was destroyed with penalties, but definitely best team in they're district. To much speed and talent, but weak spot discipline. Congrats Perry
The games over regardless of reports.  I understand the somerset argument, it was a bad call by the official, but the referee blew it dead after the block, therefore the Perry kids begin to celebrate and didn’t attempt to tackle the somerset kid, now had Perry hit the kid then they would have called a personal foul on Perry.  You cannot penalize the kids, if anything, you do something to the official for not knowing the rules, and if you will watch the the replay, there was 4 Perry kids around the ball, I’m certain they could have brought him down had the official not called game over.
So then it was an inadvertent whistle and the down should have been replayed, correct?
(08-20-2023, 02:40 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
So then it was an inadvertent whistle and the down should have been replayed, correct?
It wasn’t inadvertent, he meant to blow the whistle , it wasn’t a accident, and I’m not a big rules guy, but from what I understand they were allowed to recover it and we were allowed to stop them from scoring, but the official blew whistle and called it game, so Perry began to celebrate and somerset picks ball up and runs to end zone.  It’s simply an official hat didn’t know the rule.  No different in a basketball game, where there’s clearly a foul at the end of game but the official don’t call it and it cost a team a shot it the free throw line.   This isn’t the he first time and it won’t be the last time the officials make bad calls , and it’s simply because they can’t get enough officials anymore and they have to throw anyone they can get out there

(08-20-2023, 02:56 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:40 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
It wasn’t inadvertent, he meant to blow the whistle , it wasn’t a accident, and I’m not a big rules guy, but from what I understand they were allowed to recover it and we were allowed to stop them from scoring, but the official blew whistle and called it game, so Perry began to celebrate and somerset picks ball up and runs to end zone.  It’s simply an official hat didn’t know the rule.  No different in a basketball game, where there’s clearly a foul at the end of game but the official don’t call it and it cost a team a shot it the free throw line.   This isn’t the he first time and it won’t be the last time the officials make bad calls , and it’s simply because they can’t get enough officials anymore and they have to throw anyone they can get out there
Inadvertent would mean he didn’t mean to blow the whistle , in this case he meant it, to him the game was over, he blew whistle, called it game.  Again, it was the wrong call, I don’t think he was trying to cheat or anything, he simply didn’t understand the rule, honestly not sure any official out there understood.  It was a mess plain and simple ,
Forget the field goal attempt the 2 point conversion just before halftime was the biggest crock of bull I have ever seen there are numerous angles from hudl videos and even WYMT From goal line and that conversation was stopped easily a yard short even WYMT couldn’t believe it it that is no good then that field goal was moot Somerset would have won without field goal. The 3 lowest class of people in society today are 1 politicians 2 lawyers 3 referees. In that order
There’s a ref shortage. Give it a shot
(08-20-2023, 01:57 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]Was this game played in hazard? Hazard/Perry might be the worst place in kentucky to try to play a fair game of any sport.

You ain't lying lol I think that same thing every time I watch a ball game in Perry county... and that is for any sport.
(08-21-2023, 08:46 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 01:57 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]Was this game played in hazard? Hazard/Perry might be the worst place in kentucky to try to play a fair game of any sport.

You ain't lying lol I think that same thing every time I watch a ball game in Perry county... and that is for any sport.
bunch of cheaters  geez  every sport, cheat cheat cheat   dang   lol     i love it when certain people get together on here and sob in their misery together     lets  move on to week 2
I have more respect for myself than to lower myself to that level! This is not just bad officiating this is corrupt!
(08-21-2023, 10:55 AM)I Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]I have more respect for myself than to lower myself to that level! This is not just bad officiating this is corrupt!
Lol
(08-20-2023, 10:20 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]Forget the field goal attempt the 2 point conversion just before halftime was the biggest crock of bull I have ever seen there are numerous angles from hudl videos and even WYMT From goal line and that conversation was stopped easily a yard short even WYMT couldn’t believe it it that is no good then that field goal was moot Somerset would have won without field goal. The 3 lowest class of people in society today are 1 politicians 2 lawyers 3 referees. In that order

Big Grin I just saw that one on WYMT. Wow.
(08-20-2023, 10:20 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]Forget the field goal attempt the 2 point conversion just before halftime was the biggest crock of bull I have ever seen there are numerous angles from hudl videos and even WYMT From goal line and that conversation was stopped easily a yard short even WYMT couldn’t believe it it that is no good then that field goal was moot Somerset would have won without field goal. The 3 lowest class of people in society today are 1 politicians 2 lawyers 3 referees. In that order

I thought it looked short from the box as well.
I'm also pretty sure they didn't spot the ball correctly.
Like I said. Sloppy.
(08-21-2023, 09:55 AM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]

bunch of cheaters  geez  every sport, cheat cheat cheat   dang   lol     i love it when certain people get together on here and sob in their misery together     lets  move on to week 2
You're comedy lol I am not even from Somerset so I could care less who won. Somerset will probably end up having a more successful season than PCC though... enjoy the win my friend.
KHSAA's statement:

"Somerset attempted a field goal with the ball snapped at approximately the five-yard line, with the score 22-21 in favor of Perry County Central.
On the play, Perry Central blocked the attempt which was recovered behind the line of scrimmage by the holder.
Almost simultaneously with the recovery, the two officials covering behind the defensive line of scrimmage are shown blowing the whistle and signaling that the attempt was not good.
By rule, the play is dead at that moment and the ball is no longer live and is unable to be advanced by anyone.
By rule, this is an inadvertent whistle with the ball in possession of the holder who had made the recovery.
The human error of the inadvertent whistle(s) is part of the game and is clearly covered by rules.
What followed however, was clearly an error by the entire crew of officials as Somerset (the team last in possession when the whistle sounded) was not given an option of an untimed down due to the whistle as following the action, the officials left the playing field.
In addition, the required game-ending protocol was not properly executed by the crew."
(08-21-2023, 03:12 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

You're comedy lol I am not even from Somerset so I could care less who won. Somerset will probably end up having a more successful season than PCC though... enjoy the win my friend.
Yea it only happens in Perry I guess lol. Trust me it happens everywhere! The shortage of officials is killing sports and people Calling them cheaters everytime something don’t go their way, but if they get the call they are all happy to lucky!it happens at every school In the country.. The somerset game was obviously a blown call at then end but it was simply because they didn’t know the rules, they weren’t out to get somerset, they had no idea what the call was and got out of dodge, if you or anyone else can do it better, then go sign up and call games.
(08-24-2023, 01:53 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]

Yea it only happens in Perry I guess lol. Trust me it happens everywhere! The shortage of officials is killing sports and people Calling them cheaters everytime something don’t go their way, but if they get the call they are all happy to lucky!it happens at every school In the country.. The somerset game was obviously a blown call at then end but it was simply because they didn’t know the rules, they weren’t out to get somerset, they had no idea what the call was and got out of dodge, if you or anyone else can do it better, then go sign up and call games.
And that makes it okay? lol Officials not knowing the rules. Bad calls happen, it is indeed part of the game. 

Once again, I do not have a dog in the fight. I am not a homer for either somerset or PCC. 

I am not sure if anyone accused the refs of blatant cheating in this game- if so I missed it. I certainly hope that wasn't the case that there was shady stuff going on for a larger school to win a home game against a recovering program. If so.... so be it. Take the win and be happy. 

The season will work its self out for both teams as I mentioned above.
(08-24-2023, 02:28 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2023, 08:46 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]You ain't lying lol I think that same thing every time I watch a ball game in Perry county... and that is for any sport.
And that makes it okay? lol Officials not knowing the rules. Bad calls happen, it is indeed part of the game. 

Once again, I do not have a dog in the fight. I am not a homer for either somerset or PCC. 

I am not sure if anyone accused the refs of blatant cheating in this game- if so I missed it. I certainly hope that wasn't the case that there was shady stuff going on for a larger school to win a home game against a recovering program. If so.... so be it. Take the win and be happy. 

If you don’t have a “dog” in the fight then stay out of it.  And yes they clearly said the officials cheated for Perry and you can’t win at Perry in any sport ?.   We will take the win and be happy it is the everyone else that won’t drop it.  #signuptoofficiate
HOLD UP ON THAT CAR WASH GENTELMEN! Anyone who watched that game objectively knows it was bad. That final sequence just before halftime was even worse Pcc basically had 8 points given to them that they should not have got. A roughing the passer that the Qb had the ball in his hand and the hit on him caused the ball to fly loose then they gave them an extra TO and an un timed play. The half was over and Somerset was heading off the field and they brought them back and Perry gets TD then Somerset blocks the Pat and was off sides and Perry went for 2 and there is irrefutable video evidence that the runner was stopped well short of the goal line. Even WYMT from their view couldn’t believe they gave him the conversion. That being said if that sequence had not transpired the play at the end would have been moot. There were many other plays during the game that I know were also sent in that you could just pass off as bad judgment calls, but every big play Somerset made during the game was negated by phantom penalties. I have watched the entire game back on Hudl 3 times and the penalties just don’t exist. As a person that was born and raised in the mountains and have been living in Somerset for 25 years I have a unique perspective. I have heard it said many many times when you travel east of I-75 you are going to get robbed. This is not just Somerset I have heard from fans all over the 12th region and everyone says that and that goes for all sports not just football. Eastern Kentucky has a horrible reputation state wide As just downing teams and taking games. We have a serious problem with the integrity among officials in eastern Ky. Perry central will come to Somerset next year and it will be a straight up called game I’ll guarantee it. I have traveled all over central ky over the last 4 years and I don’t ever remember leaving a game knowing we got cheated. We have taken our fair share of losses but not like this. I have 2 kids playing on this Somerset team and when you see this kind of stuff what I believe is blaten cheating it burns you alive. It also don’t help the cause that Pcc alum is calling the game.
(08-24-2023, 03:22 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]HOLD UP ON THAT CAR WASH GENTELMEN! Anyone who watched that game objectively knows it was bad. That final sequence just before halftime was even worse Pcc basically had 8 points given to them that they should not have got. A roughing the passer that the Qb had the ball in his hand and the hit on him caused the ball to fly loose then they gave them an extra TO and an un timed play. The half was over and Somerset was heading off the field and they brought them back and Perry gets TD  then Somerset blocks the Pat and was off sides and Perry went for 2 and there is irrefutable video evidence that the runner was stopped well short of the goal line. Even WYMT from their view couldn’t believe they gave him the conversion. That being said if that sequence had not transpired the play at the end would have been moot. There were many other plays during the game that I know were also sent in  that you could just pass off as bad judgment calls, but every big play Somerset made during the game was negated by phantom penalties. I have watched the entire game back on Hudl 3 times and the penalties just don’t exist. As a person that was born and raised in the mountains and have been living in Somerset for 25 years I have a unique perspective. I have heard it said many many times when you travel east of I-75 you are going to get robbed.  This is not just Somerset I have heard from fans all over the 12th region and everyone says that and that goes for all sports not just football. Eastern Kentucky has a horrible reputation state wide  As just downing teams and taking games. We have a serious problem with the integrity among officials in eastern Ky. Perry central will come to Somerset next year and it will be a straight up called game I’ll guarantee it. I have traveled all over central ky over the last 4 years and I don’t ever remember leaving a game knowing we got cheated. We have taken our fair share of losses but not like this. I have 2 kids playing on this Somerset team and when you see this kind of stuff what I believe is blaten cheating it burns you alive. It also don’t help the cause that Pcc alum is calling the game.
You sound sensible so I will as well.  The hit on the QB wasn’t called a late hit it was called a hit to the helmet and it was 100% the right call, and Perry did have the timeout left so you’re wrong there.  I do agree on the 2 point conversion he was short and i understand completely there, and the end of the game was a bad call, plain and simple but it wasn’t cheating, it was officials that did not know the rule and unfortunately for somerset they got the bad end of that, I can promise you had Perry been kicking and the same thing happened, they would have made the same call, they didn’t know any better.   At some point we also have to hold our team accountable, how does somerset give up a 40 yard touchdown with no time, where was the defense, and if the O line blocks, thenblocked field goal doesn’t happen.   A lot of what ifs, shoulda coulda woulda.  And we’ve been to somerset, there’s definitely home cooking there also so let’s not go there.   Home cooking does exist to some extent at every school.
(08-24-2023, 03:17 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2023, 09:55 AM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]bunch of cheaters  geez  every sport, cheat cheat cheat   dang   lol     i love it when certain people get together on here and sob in their misery together     lets  move on to week 2

If you don’t have a “dog” in the fight then stay out of it.  And yes they clearly said the officials cheated for Perry and you can’t win at Perry in any sport ?.   We will take the win and be happy it is the everyone else that won’t drop it.  #signuptoofficiate
It's a forum lol if everyone stayed out of it then there would be no posts. There are mostly opinions on any forum and that is what makes it fun.

Also, the posts above just imply that officiating is usually not good in Perry County at any sport. Not that you can't win at any sport. I believe there are plenty of teams that leave Perry County with wins every year... especially in football season Smile
(08-24-2023, 03:38 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2023, 03:12 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]You're comedy lol I am not even from Somerset so I could care less who won. Somerset will probably end up having a more successful season than PCC though... enjoy the win my friend.

It's a forum lol if everyone stayed out of it then there would be no posts. There are mostly opinions on any forum and that is what makes it fun.

Also, the posts above just imply that officiating is usually not good in Perry County at any sport. Not that you can't win at any sport. I believe there are plenty of teams that leave Perry County with wins every year... especially in football season Smile
There's an absolute ton of teams that leave Leslie County with wins every year.....in every season Smile
(08-24-2023, 03:42 PM)barkgoesthecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2023, 01:53 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]Yea it only happens in Perry I guess lol. Trust me it happens everywhere! The shortage of officials is killing sports and people Calling them cheaters everytime something don’t go their way, but if they get the call they are all happy to lucky!it happens at every school In the country.. The somerset game was obviously a blown call at then end but it was simply because they didn’t know the rules, they weren’t out to get somerset, they had no idea what the call was and got out of dodge, if you or anyone else can do it better, then go sign up and call games.

There's an absolute ton of teams that leave Leslie County with wins every year.....in every season Smile
You got that right.... but this is a Perry thread. No need to hijack it
(08-24-2023, 01:53 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]Yea it only happens in Perry I guess lol. Trust me it happens everywhere! The shortage of officials is killing sports and people Calling them cheaters everytime something don’t go their way, but if they get the call they are all happy to lucky!it happens at every school In the country.. The somerset game was obviously a blown call at then end but it was simply because they didn’t know the rules, they weren’t out to get somerset, they had no idea what the call was and got out of dodge, if you or anyone else can do it better, then go sign up and call games.

Leslie is looking good with that powerhouse schedule lol   They should be very few teams leave Leslie with a W this football season,  I think school of the blind is on there somewhere lol
(08-24-2023, 03:48 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2023, 02:28 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]And that makes it okay? lol Officials not knowing the rules. Bad calls happen, it is indeed part of the game. 

Leslie is looking good with that powerhouse schedule lol   They should be very few teams leave Leslie with a W this football season,  I think school of the blind is on there somewhere lol
You folks obviously do not look at most Leslie threads (And I do not blame you lol). If you did, you would know that I am probably the most critical poster on here of Leslie (And i am a Leslie homer) and I have criticized their schedule strength for years.
(08-24-2023, 03:51 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2023, 03:48 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2023, 03:17 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]If you don’t have a “dog” in the fight then stay out of it.  And yes they clearly said the officials cheated for Perry and you can’t win at Perry in any sport ?.   We will take the win and be happy it is the everyone else that won’t drop it.  #signuptoofficiate

You folks obviously do not look at most Leslie threads (And I do not blame you lol). If you did, you would know that I am probably the most critical poster on here of Leslie (And i am a Leslie homer) and I have criticized their schedule strength for years.
It’s all in fun.  I have been with Perry for 30 years and I understand the whole argument of home cooking, I have seen it first hand at Perry and I have seen it at just about every road game in footbal and basketball, when you go on the road you need to be 3-4 touchdowns better or 15 points better in basketball to come away with the win, if it’s a close call in a critical point of the game the home team usually gets it.  Only issue I have, is the folks that act like their school don’t do that, and it’s only at Perry or this school or that school, that’s ridiculous.  To finish up again, the last call of the somerset game was the wrong call , and I don’t think it was intentional but it cost somerset.  I wish somerset ,Leslie and everyone else a great season, and injury free.  God bless
Pages: 1 2