Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Media Network Class 4A District 8
(07-25-2023, 10:56 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 09:05 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 08:46 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I don’t think any of these teams will compete with Corbin during this realignment. Corbin won’t lose a district game the next four years. Teams like Whitley should really try to build something and learn how to recruit during that time frame. Maybe find some hidden coal money and build some stuff. They already have the best campus. There is absolutely no reason to worry about the khsaa doing anything. They are a non factor. Might as well go get what you can. Kids are literally transferring schools to play different sports in different seasons, like the chadwell kid.
Interested to see how Rhymer does or if he will effective at all at this level.

I’m going to guess two realignments from now, Corbin will continue to grow and move on to 5A numbers unless they put a stop to it. Honestly never thought I’d see Whitley being smaller but here we are. It’s happening.
It wasn't that long ago that Corbin was a 2A school.....

yup…they have been very successful getting the kids in the north part of the county to go there. I’d almost guess that 30% or more of your kids from oak grove and north end up at Corbin. I’ve been back in this area for around a decade now and first thing I noticed was Corbin’s positioning of their new school.

Whitley County has always lost a large amount of kids from Oak Grove and the Middle School. How can they stop this? How can they compete? Start  recruiting from here to Knoxville? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!