Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 Perry County Central 46 (14th Region Championship)
(03-07-2023, 12:38 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: “Breathitt came out and punched Perry Central in the mouth and did not look back!”

You can say that again. The Bobcats dominated the Dores on their home floor. Breathitt lost the turnover battle 3 to 16 and still dominated the game, mainly by out-rebounding (36-16) and out-hustling Perry. You could definitely tell they wanted it more and Sperry wasn’t going to have it any other way as he finished with 25 and I think they said 20 of those were in the second half.  Him and Collins (when Collins decided to play) were the best players the 14th had to offer.  Kudos to Kyle Moore for getting the team to play their best basketball when it mattered most as they beat the 3 traditional powers, Knott, Hazard and Perry to capture the title.

As I agree Breathitt wanted it more but let’s make known his 25 point, only 4 points of those came from field goal percentages. The rest from free throw shots. The foul call was 35-10. Now did Perry get cheated by that? Absolutely not! They played horrible, selfish, did not rebound at all! They took horrible shots and couldn’t buy a bucket! For it to be on their home floor, they shot like they hadn’t been in the gym in 2 weeks. Do I think the refs was ridiculous in this game with the foul count, ? believe this! You can’t let things be thrown down like a thug fest on one end then call touchy fouls on the other. But again, in NO way did that determine who won. Breathitt wanted it more and Perry did not. I am happy for the team and I’m sure Coach BB was looking down from heaven with the biggest smile on his face. And I will be supporting them at Rupp because they are representing the 14th and that’s what this region should do. When it’s all said and done, support the 14th region champs regardless of who it is. Congrats Breathitt.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathitt County 62 Perry County Central 46 (14th Region Championship) - by WaterBoy15thregion - 03-07-2023, 11:34 AM