Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Le'ts talk about Offense. If you were a coach..
Depends on what your talent pool to work with year after year is.

Geography matters.

Orange Blaze absolutely nailed it.

If I am back in EKY I want a run heavy, possession based, team. Whether you do that from the Flexbone, Wishbone, or the spread with double tights... play to the strength of blue collared strong and big linemen and limit your weakness of elite speed.

If I am in and around Lexington I am probably still running the spread with my best athlete at QB and a hard runner at HB and doing a lot of read, zone, and intermediate passing.

If I am in Louisville I am probably leaning more into my passing game even more and using the passing game as my best form of run game with quick passes to the flats, pop passes on the jet, and screens.

Regardless... my OL will only play one way and any two way players on offense either are because they are simply too good to take off the field or I am rotating them for a series or after a long play to keep them fresh to focus on defense. Whatever I do on Offense is no huddle based. If I am spread heavy tempo is my friend, if I am run heavy shifting and hard counts are a big part to get the defense to tip their hand or get out of position.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Orange Blaze
Messages In This Thread
RE: Le'ts talk about Offense. If you were a coach.. - by EKUAlum05 - 12-15-2022, 04:34 PM