Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-06-2022, 12:07 PM)Hatz Wrote: Just a curious question for the post game talk here.  One of the great debates seems to be why Greer never changed things up with blitzes and different fronts. 

Perhaps he was afraid to put Quisenberry and Dawson in open space.  When he blitzed the risk/reward is to get to the QB and disrupt him.  But if it fails it puts great pressure on the Secondary if the two I mentioned above get into space.  Quisenberry even noted in the post game that on the TD play that was called back for a hold, he saw how that side of the Defense was reacting and wanted to go back there again.  So the next play, Boyle did just that and Q said what he saw in space the first play helped him in twisting and turning to the TD on the next play. 

Just curious thoughts.

Games are always won or lost in the trenches and this game was no different. Boyle just too physical for the hounds on line of scrimmage. Both teams played with all heart and better team won. But I will say people can Monday morning quarterback it to death but bottom line when it comes to 4th and 1 Haddix goes for it and wins big time games. 4th and 2 most will punt not saying it was wrong thing to do but to win at this level you gotta go for it because if you can’t get a yard for the state championship then you have no reason being there to start with. The hounds played great and will be back next year. In my opinion now im thinking the QB switch was smartest adjustment the coach did all year and it payed huge dividends. The hounds don’t get to Kroger field without #14 running the team. I was fooled by many in the beginning but no longer. Look for OC to take over head coaching duties in my opinion.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Playcaller66 - 12-06-2022, 12:49 PM