Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-04-2022, 05:26 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: No one can say, in an objective tone,  that "the better team won."   The team that scored more points won. The team that had the ball last won. If Corbin hadn't had the TD called back or if Elam had spotted the wide open TD for the winning score, it would still be hard to say definitely "the better team won. "  The better team doesn't always win. These teams looked pretty even. I think one team had a better overall strategy and defensive scheming. That's the team that won. Were they "the better team"  ?  I don't know.  And neither do you.

I want to ask Boyle County fans(and any neutral fans) an sincere question.  I want you to try to  keep a straight face when answering this  hypothetical question. Do you honestly think that if these same two teams had played tonight(exact same talent on the field), except that Greer was the coach for Boyle and Haddix was where he should be(coaching Corbin), that the end result would have been a Boyle victory???  Seriously.

(12-04-2022, 05:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 04:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man, just watched the film a few times and have been looking more in depth to the events of what happened over the course of the game and the strategies the coaches had and types of play calling. If any of you havn't seen this game, watch it. Overall a very good game. I do see some things I didn't that when you are there live vs seeing it where you can stop and rewind and break it down. Corbin had there chances all through the game. But like in the Frederick Douglass game, you have to be able to make mid game adjustments to push your team over the top. Frederick Douglass defense was unreal after the coach decides to start blitzing and it changes the game, if you havn't seen it, go watch it. Bowling Green was actually having there way offensively with the Douglass defense and the coach starts blitzing and you talk about the coaching move of the game. I don't understand though when people who watch a game say I saw two teams play that were close but I didn't see any coaching advantages. But anyway, its there. But most people just look at a score and are happy. They never look inside of a game to see the details of how the war was won. So much good stuff there to learn from for any program. I also looked for the other facemask and no, it wasn't there. I wanted to get a look at the holding call on the kickoff. I wanted to see if Bodner got the interception or not, wanted to see if Jacob Baker got the onside kick. Just alot of stuff there and I didn't know that on the 4th and 5 play for Corbin on there last possession, that #23 was wide open and would have walked into the endzone. WOW! Both teams overall, good game.

Yeah, I noticed Eli wide open for a TD on Corbin's last possession. He was W I D E  open  !!!!   Corbins wins 33-32 (assuming we make the extra point). The better team was SOOOOO  close to bringing it home!!!!
If they were the better team, Corbin would have made the throw for the TD but it was thrown incomplete…..
I feel pretty confident that if you put Haddix as Head Coach at Corbin in this game and put Greer as Head Coach at Boyle in this same game then Corbin Wins hands down..Haddix is 14-0 in playoffs at Boyle in past three seasons I think I read earlier. Greer 2-1, 2-1, 4-1 for 8-3 record in playoffs. If Haddix stays at Boyle I look for this pattern of winning state championships to continue in 4A. Corbin defense gotta lot of work to do in order to contain or stop a #2 or #9 of Boyle. Boyle O-Line looked pretty dawg gone good up close more so than I thought watching film. Hats off to Boyle they lead the game when the whistle blew and that my friends is football. Hounds be back next year much improved in player development. SCHEDULE needs toughing up and needs a good Bowling Green team and a good Southwestern team along with a Fredrick Douglas team to help us prepare for Boyle County every year. Just my opinion..
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Playcaller66 - 12-04-2022, 07:33 PM