Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
I would agree maybe use replay in these games but I have no idea how the rules around it would apply. I don’t even really know how they decide in college when to use it & when not to use it but it gets aggravating sometimes when it seems like they are reviewing everything. But some calls I have seen in some of these games over the years really could have cost teams the title & some probably have. The 3rd down pass play in overtime Franklin Co made that was ruled a catch that ball clearly bounced but that one actually probably worked in our favor because if it’s 4th & long and they kick it and tie us who knows how that one turns out. I still think if we play that Franklin Co team 10x we may not have won again…maybe give each coach a challenge or two like they do in college. IDK
The kickoff return flag, if anything, looked like block in the back to me instead of holding that was called but it was on the side closest to Corbin. Interception ruled incomplete looked like a catch too. But officials are the human element and when it’s bang bang & they make a call I’d like to believe as a fan they’re really calling it the best way they see it. Overall still a fantastic game, I was as impressed with Corbin as any team we played all year long except Douglass. They may have had the best HS team this year that I personally have ever seen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by CC117 - 12-04-2022, 07:22 PM