Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-04-2022, 01:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 08:24 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 01:47 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: I have to admit, it has been, well, interesting to read through this thread.  Watching the Corbin fans implode and trash their coaches after a 14-1 season that finished in a 6 point loss to a 2 time (now 3) defending champion is just not a good look.
Yeah, it's pretty shameful. 

It would be interesting to see what they would have said if Corbin won. 

My guess is that the coaches would have gotten no credit and it was all due to the players, talent, being tougher, wanting it more, etc. 

You can't have it both ways. The coaches must be doing a lot right to have a season like they had. Imagine if they weren't always being undermined by the fans and parents.
My guess is if Corbin had of won we would have all been celebrating till daylight in Colonel Sanders Park. Lol, with that said after last years loss to JC in Region Championship can someone please elaborate on what a coach stated about the Coaches had the game plan to win the game but the players didn’t execute. Almost sounded like putting the loss on the players period. One of the most loaded/talented group ever assembled in Corbin Football history and the players didn’t execute.. Never been more disappointed in a coach to make that statement. As a HFC you take full responsibility for the loss and move on. If people in the community didn’t gripe about coaching agendas and daddy ball then it would be a free for all and the program would be go back to the pre-Haddix days. This years loss to Boyle was inevitable due to the weak schedule put together to keep the Hounds playing at home during the playoffs. Next years class will be much better than this years class believe it or not. If the coaches put together a solid schedule in first 10 regular season games then come playoff time you might feel comfortable going for it on a 4th and 2 in our territory. I don’t care if we lose four or five games in regular season if it makes us better so we can win the 15th game. Come on people it’s been 40 years, do we really wanna wait 40 more? Do the right thing for our town, our school, and our KIDS… Haddix and Elam together would bring multiple State Championships to Corbin if people will get over there selfish childish ways. Who gives a crap about color of cleats or chrome Helments. Just do the right thing..Go Hounds..
Yes... if greer couldn't even get to the championship with the talent on last year's team then he's probably never gonna win one.  That was the most talented team I've ever witnessed in highschool football. Why seth huff didn't get the ball every down until they stopped him and why he wasn't playing defensive end or linebacker ill never understand. I'd love a greer supporter to explain that one to me.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by HOFER - 12-04-2022, 03:50 PM