Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
While nice,well-meaning gents, I'm sure,  guys like Walt Longmire, Gold "Cry Me a "River, and Know1 are not privy to the information that I am privy to. I graduated from Corbin, live within walking distance of Campbell Field, and have worked among, socialized with, and even played ball with most of the people that I speak of. I know these dirty boogers like the birth mark on my right ass cheek.

Anyone privy to inside info about the Corbin program knows how deceitful and evil a handful of power players were to Coach Haddix and how they essentially formulated a coup to get him out. Then, these same people used a rigged hiring system to screw over Eddie James in favor of home boy, Greer. That's not up for debate. That's fact.

What many may not be aware of is the toxic environment that Greer and Co. allows, and even promotes , within its football team. Last season, the internal strife literally ripped the team to shreds. By the time of the Johnson Central game, there was literally fighting on the sidelines. This season , the kids stayed focused enough through all the distractions to make it all the way to Kroger. Kudos to every kid on the team. 

One of the key components of this year's team, and probably the team's best player, actually quit the team this season for several days, amidst the mayhem and proposed changes to his role on the team. His father, I was told, was against him returning to the team at all but the youngster wanted to play. And play he did. There would have been no Kroger without him.  My hats off to all the youngsters that sacrificed their time and energy, while dealing with their coaches' toxic attitudes, to give us some great memories in 2022. We may not win another title until 2062 but we will always remember 2022 as the year that some amazing kids overcame obstacles and overachieved, coming so very close to bringing home the first state title since the invention of the CD player. Thanks, kids, for the memories.

(12-04-2022, 11:56 AM)HOFER Wrote: The people saying if haddix is so good why didn't he win at Corbin? He took a faltering program and completely turned it around all while being undermined at every turn by his own coaching staff and support system. That's the difference.

YEP .  They did everything they could to undermine his success at every turn. Think about that a minute, sports fans.  People representing your own school undermining the success of your coach and team.  That's evil. That's sociopathic. THAT'S THE CORBIN WAY. That's why there has been no title since Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands.

Ponder on this BGR'ers.   It's been forty years since a Redhound title('82).  To put into perspective just  how long that's been , if you start at 1982 and go backwards the same amount ot time as it has been since Corbin last won a state title, you would arrive in the year........  1942 , just one year after the bombing of Pearl Harbor!!!

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...A&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Old School Hound - 12-04-2022, 12:36 PM