Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-04-2022, 12:02 AM)jax Wrote: Congratulations to both teams on making it to this game, which is a great accomplishment in itself.  Teams don't make it to the state championship without good coaching.  Haddix is a great coach no doubt, but what doesn't make since to me is the "logic" some of you are using.  Boyle County has been winning state championships long before Haddix got there and if he's the greatest coach since Saban, why didn't he win it when he made it there with Corbin?  Just asking.
Great point, he's not. He's in a great culture, a county/school system that does everything in their power to be great at everything. Great education system, great in almost all sports, etc.. Haddix stepped into a situation and obviously has the knowledge to coach a team. But Boyle would win if any of the top 15 coaches in the state went there, IMO. Corbin's team was very talented but a few pages ago, last night I think someone said they had the best athlete on the field...No. They have very very good athletes, and maybe they have kids that will go further in baseball than other kids will go in football, but athletes on a football field, Boyle had them trumped. However that just makes me give much due to the players for Corbin who balled their asses off in that game, and a really great offensive gameplan and mostly great execution barring some penalties. Corbin to keep it close and have a lead for much of the first half is pretty remarkable to me. I love that QB for Corbin, you can almost feel he wants to win more than anyone else on the field. But then you have Boyle with a line that looks like a D1 front, and a stud at QB, and then the best athlete on the field (maybe the entire weekend!).
[-] The following 2 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by smoke1015 - 12-04-2022, 06:44 AM