Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-03-2022, 07:10 PM)HighViz Wrote: Not that it matters, but I respect the Corbin posters that have spoken their peace the last 18 hours. Even if I disagree.  There are 3-4 that’s still gone missing. Please don’t be like Cattlemen. Don’t talk trash the whole season then when you lose, or when you are proved wrong, ghost.  Atleast have the guts, stomach to tell us about the crow. Was it bitter, raw, well done, salty?   
Times are changing old hounds. Throw away them old maroon shirts.  Be humble, and do something first before you start acting like you can. 

I hated every tear I seen from the kids last night.  Everyone of them the past 3 seasons!  I would love to have tapped into phone calls made last night and today from about 10 of you fools at the top. 

3 years ago I watched a man from my porch come to the practice field 4 times a day in the summer to turn off and on water manually.  I watched him  mow the grass 3 times a week.  Paint.  I heard him ask for help.  Heard him ask for a teaching position.  Heard him Order new uniforms, helmets and pads and be ridiculed. Watched him buy breakfast for all the kids. Included the freshman, because he knew they were gonna be seniors one day.  And last but not least.  I watched him promote his players so they could get to the next level. 
I guess what I am saying now is. I hope I hear him slam the door in your faces now.
I hope we change things. Start new.  Clean sweep.  Out with mills, guy, mouser, Jeremy, Greg , and tom.  Give the kids a real chance.

Chess match, checkmate 3 years and counting.

Good post but it ain't happening.  The culture really hasn't changed since 1923 when Corbin played its first game. The culture, or should I said cult, isn't changing now. The kids may not know it but they haven't a chance.  Cox , the Harts, Jewell, Mouser, Guy, and Tom E. aren't going anywhere. The cult of good ol' boyism has been passed down to them and they will pass it on down to another generation of narcissistic self-entitled good ol' boys.  The way they treated Haddix , who asked for so very little, was an abomination. Color me not surprised that the Universe delivered them some  major karma in three big doses the past three seasons.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Old School Hound - 12-03-2022, 08:59 PM