Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-03-2022, 07:15 PM)CC117 Wrote: The officials don’t have still shot capability as they are watching things play out in real time.  Pretty confident we could likely go through the entire game & point out holds, etc that were not called both ways.  Again, Boyle 9 penalties 73 yards Corbin 6 penalties 46 yards.  Officiating is part of the game.  Typically Boyle gets 7-8x as many penalty yards called on them in a game as their opponent.  Last year’s title game Johnson Central had 1 penalty called the entire game a false start half the distance for a grand total of 2 yards.  You have to overcome it.  Champions do.  There was a play in that game JC’s offensive player literally just about tackled Tommy Zeismer in front of the official & we didn’t get the call.  It is what it is.  Officiating doesn’t win/lose games especially when your opponent has more penalty yardage in the game

As I totally agree with you, I said food for thought. Rest easy friend, I'm just pointing out some of the stuff that I was shown and this was not the first facemask where Corbin scored on the next play, but I agree that refs are part of the game. Some games, I like to eject some refs, but I am not honestly going to say Corbin got cheated in any way, they called what they felt was right. The game was won on the field overall, anyone can see that. But you also can't say that Boyle had a touchdown reversed. Now, that is a game changing penalty, even if Corbin would have gotten the 1st down on the 30, they still had to score, now that doesn't mean they score at all. I told my boy with all the technology, these championship games should consider a replay, I have been to many championship games where I have seen the questionable calls, balls hitting the turf in the Boyle/Franklin Game 3 years ago and just a few minutes ago, a Male running back had a fumble that was questionable inside the 5 yard line. If you have some missed calls for Corbin, post them. Just food for thought, and Im sure they are plenty.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Bull got out! - 12-03-2022, 07:29 PM