Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-03-2022, 11:40 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:10 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 10:18 AM)know1 Wrote: Boyle won almost every statistical category. Even punting. And they were penalized more. The better team clearly won, but the margin between the two wasn't much. Corbin was a very, very good team. I still don't think coaching was the difference at all. Boyle had a handful of the best players on the field who took over the game. And a lot of their big plays and big gains were broken plays or scrambles. And Haddix made some very questionable choices at times. Coaching really wasn't the big difference.

You're a tater sack blower upper. lol. I'm not a Corbin fan, but I have common sense and can see who has the superior coach.
Then how about giving specific examples of how the superior coaching of Boyle won that game?

Don't play dumb. Study the film. It's not hard to see. If talent won the game, I'm sure you wouldn't mind trading coaches with Corbin? lol
So you don't have an answer or any example. That's what I figured.
I have a few....1 being haddix played his athletes both ways just like any good highschool coach should... another is if Boyle watched film which I'm sure they watched tons then I'm sure they picked up on corbins goaline offense that they have ran all year that consists of one play... combs at qb, fake jet sweep then combs through the 4 hole.  In fact I'm pretty sure I could see 56 calling the play every time corbin tried it.  Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming.  Haddix knew who he could exploit on corbins defense and he did a fine job of it.  Corbin didn't do the same. When 2 was at qb everyone knew he wasn't going to throw the ball yet no adjustments were made.  Everyone in the stands was yelling 2 isn't going to throw it and he rarely did.  When 2 is at qb why not bring massive pressure and force him to beat you with his arm when he has been running and scrambling successfully all night and the few passes he threw were poor.  When the other kid moves to qb they're probably gonna pass it yet that's when corbin decided to use the run defense. Everyone else there could see it. You're telling me you really didn't?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by HOFER - 12-03-2022, 03:44 PM