Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-03-2022, 10:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 03:52 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on #11  #YouLeftNoDoubt  Boyle showcased a lot of talent tonight. 

Dawson IMO play one heck of a game!  Ran the team well and was a back breaker on his runs.
Bodner was a work horse like he has been all season.  Hard to bring down and always fighting for that extra yard.
Quisenberry well he was himself.  Always making something out of nothing.
Ziesmer was a man amongst boys tonight. Blocking extra points, Rushing the QB, and his TD run was amazing to watch!
Stone was all over the field making tackles.

I am with a few others as I didn't see where Corbin's coaching did anything wrong to lose this game.  I feel the better team won and made the plays when they needed to be made.  For as of the our coaching.  Haddix was ready and had a few new plays that no one has saw this year that worked big time.  That jump pass to Cooper Brumment for our 1st. TD was something not seen this year.  The Bodner TD pass to Dawson was sweet.  Tommy Ziesmer's 9 yard TD end around was just flat out will.  Corbin played it well but no one was able to bring him down.  4th. and 1 late in the game, well that's Justin Haddix.  He's a gambler and I felt was the correct call. Boyle won because their Talent  was just a little better. 

For as of Corbin.  Kudos to Jacob Baker.  He may have had a off night on kicking but his play on defense was outstanding!  One tuff kid that played with a lot of heart.  Combs and Elam are fine players and has nothing to hang their head on.  Congratulations Corbin on a fine season.

Corbin played a decent game, and you are usually one of my favorite posters on here , but you are full of it to put it bluntly, when you kee pretending Boyle County won because of talent. They do have talent, but Corbin is loaded with talent, too. Haddix outcoached the Corbin coach as most teams do in the big games. Whoever told Greer he is a defensive guru lied to him. lol
Thanks for the kind words Dougie.  Same here, as I have always enjoyed reading your post. I never said Corbin didn't have talent.  You're either sipping the red kool-aid or you must be smoking something other than hind end last night, cause you watched a entirely different game than me. 

Corbin had Tommy Ziesmer caught for a loss on.  It was TALENT that got him across the goalline.  Corbin's coaches can not make go out on the field and make the tackle but they can put their players in positions to do it and they where.  Had Tommy for a loss!  Talent and pure will alone got him across the goal line.  When the game matter Ziesmer was Alpha Male on the field.  Blocked kick, Sacked the QB, Touchdown run!    

There's no pretending about it!  Boyle flat out won the game because they where the better team and their talent played a bettrer game last night. 

(12-03-2022, 09:55 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: I believe the better team won the game. Boyle had the 3 best players on the field tonight in Quisenberry, Ziesmer and Bodner. Ziesmer proved why he is a future SEC football player tonight by making some huge plays in crunch time. Blocked a PAT, huge sack late in the game, etc. Boyle County was battled tested all season long and played a brutal schedule that helped prepare them for this moment, unlike Corbin. Mix all this together with having a far superior coaching staff, and this is what you get. A state title.

Corbin is a GREAT team. Very impressive. Unfortunately for them, this Boyle County program is just different. I’ve never seen a group of kids that want to win as bad as the ones at Boyle County. The coaching staff is very young and energetic and the kids love playing for them. This program isn’t going anywhere. The administration at Corbin should be so embarrassed by pushing Haddix away.
I like this Trojan man but I'm all out of likes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • know1
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Rebel55 - 12-03-2022, 12:02 PM