Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
As a strictly neutral observer who went to this game with his adult son and was entertained beyond words—a great high school football game!—let me say there have been a couple points made that I totally agree with. One, if in high school you have a kicker capable of getting the kickoff into the end zone, TRY THAT EVERY time! Don’t get cute. You may not reach the end zone every time, but it’s definitely the best option.
Also, to OSH, yeah I think with Haddix and Greer flipped Corbin wins the majority of the matchups. Haddix is just so creative with his offensive play calling, and Corbin had some tremendous high school players on the field. He would find ways to get them in the end zone. Now, he’s still not immune to making an occasional head scratching decision. I thought not going for two after his last touchdown when his O line was controlling the line of scrimmage and his kicker was struggling was gonna come back and bite him in the butt. I really thought Corbin was gonna win then 33-32.
As for who was the better team—who cares? What you will always remember is if you won or lost. No need to say “hey look this proves we were better.” Does it really? In a game like this it just proves who made maybe one or two more plays than the other team. Be happy with your victory. And if you are on the other end, the reality is you’ll never really get over it. That’s what makes sports so compelling. Thanks again to both teams for a fantastic high school football game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Deuce8
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Van Hagar - 12-03-2022, 07:48 AM