Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
No one can say, in an objective tone, that "the better team won."   The team that scored more points won. The team that had the ball last won. If Corbin hadn't had the TD called back or if Elam had spotted the wide open TD for the winning score, it would still be hard to say definitely "the better team won. "  The better team doesn't always win. These teams looked pretty even. I think one team had a better overall strategy and defensive scheming. That's the team that won. Were they "the better team" ? I don't know. And neither do you.

I want to ask Boyle County fans(and any neutral fans) an sincere question. I want you to try to keep a straight face when answering this hypothetical question. Do you honestly think that if these same two teams had played tonight(exact same talent on the field), except that Greer was the coach for Boyle and Haddix was where he should be(coaching Corbin), that the end result would have been a Boyle victory??? Seriously.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Old School Hound - 12-03-2022, 04:57 AM