Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
I think we can all pick and choose different things to say that went wrong, but Ziesmer for boyle made the difference. He would not allow boyle to lose that game. I have to say one of the greatest non skill player performance in a state game i have seen.

Ps young elam makes old elam look good on the sideline, bad play calling overall but a killer performance by him and especially combs, very impressive on a bum ankle. I still ride with greer but a QB sweep 5 times for short yardage isn’t the answer.

(12-03-2022, 01:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

And I by no means am a Corbin fan

We will get into some of Tom E.'s decisions later.   Justin outcoached him... CLEARLY!!!
I don’t think there was a blatant outcoaching on his part. Boyle was evenly matched up front and maybe better at some skill positions and it was a knockout fight til the end but i don’t think he has much say in what elam calls. QB sweeps aren’t the answer unless you got a guy like combs back there. Young elam is a player and a heck of a kid but his dads puts him in tough situations and he plays his way out of it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship) - by Gridiron_Raid - 12-03-2022, 01:10 AM