Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
Man this is going to be a good matchup. I do not expect a running clock. These teams will matchup well. What happen last year means absolutely nothing. These teams offensively do two things well. Run the ball, and block down field. Defensively they both are good at stopping the run, and getting pressure on the quarterback. Whoever wins this game is going to have to win the time of possession. They will also need to have the least turnovers. They will also need to win 1st and 2nd down to have no less than 3rd and 3. Special teams will also play a big factor. Each team needs to not allow nothing big for a score in this department.

Racelands key to success
- Do not give up any big pass plays
- Give Wallace more carries in this game than he usually gets
- Long sustained drives to keep the Pikeville Defense cold
- Force turnovers

Pikevilles key to success
- Control both lines of scrimmage
- Keep using multiple backs to soften the defensive line
- Keep pressure on quarterback
- Take what the defense gives you in the passing game

These teams haven’t trailed much this season, Raceland got its gut check against Hazard in week 3 of the playoffs and was on the edge of its seat until the last snap. They showed poise and come up with the win. Pikeville hasn’t trailed in a game since the beginning of the season. So if Pikeville gets down in this game late in the 3rd, will they panic? I don’t think they will, but it could happen. I’ve said to myself there was 3 teams that would have a shot to beat Pikeville, 1 Hazard, 2 Raceland, and 3 Pikeville.
I’m looking forward to hopefully watching this one if I’m able too.

So good luck teams!!
[-] The following 5 users Like bac2369's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Humpty Dumpty, Micro-Brew, Orange Blaze, Patriot1
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship) - by bac2369 - 11-30-2022, 05:20 PM