Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
(11-30-2022, 02:43 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: There will be a running…………. Clock.
Lol maybe in the tunnel or locker room! Probably a few of them throughout Kroger but you won’t However see one on the scoreboard.

(11-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Justus Wrote: I hope they both lose, lol
Wouldn’t that be Great! ?

(11-27-2022, 02:07 PM)Truewords Wrote: This is a matchup of the 2 best teams in 1A. Pikeville is just better. Raceland has better athletes at receiver. Pikeville has Birchfield and that will be the difference. Everyone has tried to stop him but no one has. I would like to see Pikeville use Scott more in passing game he is big target with good hands. The X factor will be Bevins for Pikeville he could have a big game. Pikeville 42. Raceland 20.
This game won’t be won at the skill positions. Pikeville’s strength is their O Line. Raceland’s Defensive line has to step up in a big way! If they can find a way to control the line of scrimmage they win! If not Pikeville adds another.
I’ve said all season we won’t beat Pikeville if we try to out muscle and get into a fist fight with them.  To win this game we have to figure out a way to keep long 4-5 minute drives and keep their defense on the field.  The key for Raceland to get the win is to shorten the game and never find ourselves in a 10 point deficit.  Offensively we have the talent at the skill positions to put points in the board but as LCA and NCC will tell you, Pikeville’s defense can shut down a talented offense.  That being said, Raceland is a tough team and we can compete if we don’t win fall into the trap of getting overwhelmed by momentum like we did last year.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville Vs Raceland 1A State Championship - by Orange Blaze - 11-30-2022, 10:24 AM