Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship)
(11-28-2022, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: So the only advantage Pikeville has is because they have been to the championship before, so I take that as Raceland has a better offense and defensive lines plus better running backs better linebackers better defensive backs and better receivers and definitely better quarterback and coaches so why worried about winning the game if your whole team is better. Where you at Jet-Pilot? As always GO PANTHERS!!! I still believe you guys have a chance

nope!! That’s the biggest advantage. Here’s my breakdown:

QBs: 
By the numbers it’s really close. But I’m going with Lundy based on experience and ability to run between the tackles.

WRs:
Advantage Raceland if Boykins is out. If Boykins plays, advantage Pikeville, imo. He will be the fastest on the field.

RBs:
Advantage Pikeville. Birchfield, Wright, and the other horse are a 3 headed freight train from hell. Imo, Wallace is just as hard nosed as Birchfield, just doesn’t have the breakaway speed. Farrow is as fast, but not as downhill or physical, Browning just isn’t as strong. 

OL:
it’s a toss up. Pikeville is definitely stronger, so advantage to them. But Raceland is faster upfront on offense and gets out on the second level as good as anyone in the state. If Salyer is out, advantage Raceland, if he is in, advantage Pikeville.

DL:
Another toss up. Again it’s speed vs strength here. 

LBs: Pikeville by a slim margin bc of size and Carson Wright. Raceland flies sideline to sideline like crazy though as a front 7. I just think Pikeville may be a little stronger.

Secondary: 
adblvantage Pikeville. They are just as atheistic as our secondary but outside of Wallace, they are significantly bigger I believe and just as quick.

Imo, it comes down to if Raceland has made enough strides in the off-season to physically stand toe to toe with the Panthers. From an athletic standpoint, we are neck and neck. And our LBs have drastically improved over the last year. 

midway through the season, I was second guessing our ability to hang. Now I feel like we can do that and then some. Still thumbing my way through Pikevilles games to make my final prediction. Neither one of these teams are who they were in weeks 1-4 btw. Not even close.

You would have to be eating a bowl of mushrooms while simultaneously drinking moonshine hitting the crack pipe and snorting a pill to come up with this analysis. Bless your heart Scotty.
Jet I think it’s best if Pikeville don’t even go because of what I been reading they a way out classed at just about every position even though Pikeville has the same linebackers and defensive backs except for one and running backs it’s going to embarrassing for them to play such a talented team and I do believe they have a talented team just not to these guy’s opinions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville Vs Raceland (KHSAA 1A State Championship) - by Patriot1 - 11-28-2022, 05:16 PM