Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-13-2022, 11:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already  a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread.  Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman ,  Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart  teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out,  his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean.  lol

Anyway, he still  believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable.  Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI).  I bet he stays good and warm  in his Steelcase Leap office chair  back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off  at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather.  Smile

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot,  I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half.  Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks. 

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year.  They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming.  Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters.  I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs.  Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

I can't wait until Friday!!!!
Vintage OSH. You have a difficult time avoiding personal attacks. It's one of your character flaws. If Corbin limits JC to 7 yards/carry, then that will be a big improvement over last year's game, but 7 yards/carry would be enough to give JC an excellent chance of winning.

Tongue in cheek, Hoot. You still don't get it. Laugh once or twice. It will relieve some of the stress in your life.  If it makes you feel better, my weiner has seen less action than Will Smith's acting career since the Grammy's. 
I expect a good game Friday.  If you will make the trip down here I will pay for your meal to a restaurant of your choice. Anything on the menu is yours. It's the best I can do.

(11-14-2022, 12:31 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Only way JC has a chance is if they can control the TOP and force a few Corbin turnovers.

Corbin wins, 28-14.

BINGO !!! Winner, winner!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round - by Old School Hound - 11-14-2022, 12:31 AM