Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 68 Prestonsburg 21
(09-30-2022, 11:29 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Tied 14-14 after the first quarter. Blackcats are marching down the field to take the lead again and the Blackcats fumble inside the SV 15. Valley recovers and scores about 4 or 5 plays later and goes up, 21-14. Blackcats would fumble the following kickoff return and SV would take over at the Pburg 35 and then would convert a 4th & 20 and score a few plays after that to go up, 28-14. Pburg's offense would fail to convert a 4th & 4 and Valley took over with just under a minute left in the half and Russ Osborne would go on to lead Valley right down the field and make one of the crazier plays I've seen all season, as he danced around and the Blackcats secondary gets caught falling asleep and Osborne throws up a prayer as he's being pulled down and SV scores to end the first half to go up 35-14. Again, game was tied with 8 mins left in the 2nd quarter and Prestonsburg was driving to score, but two fumbles and a lot of missed tackles absolutely killed them to end the first half.

Hats off to Shelby Valley. Newsome was a man tonight and Russ Osborne played a great game too. When that offense gets rolling they're fun to watch and really hard to defend. I thought Pburg's staff done a good job at having guys in the right position, but SV will make you pay if you don't play disciplined football.

Not having Nick Porter tonight hurt Prestonsburg also, but it didn't wind up hurting as much as I thought it would on offense, but he was missed on defense. Blackcats need him to be 100% before the playoffs. Pburg was also without starting corner, Makan Willoughby and having him would've helped contain SV skill guys from getting the edge so much.

Ethan Jarvis played a great football game once again for Prestonsburg, but it seemed like SV kept the football after the two Pburg fumbles in the second quarter. EJ is warrior and will always give 110%.

Overall, Prestonsburg is better than they showed tonight. I don't think they would've won, but this game was going to be closer if they punch in that touchdown midway through the 2nd quarter, but that's how games go. You turn the ball over against good teams and you will pay in a big way for it and SV made them pay.

Congrats Wildcats!

Blackcats need to regroup and get ready for another big game at West Carter.

Claim a moral victory and make those excuses if you want, but PBURG basically got beat by 8 TD's!

You played a solid team and got exposed, point blank.
Messages In This Thread
Shelby Valley 68 Prestonsburg 21 - by Granny Bear - 09-30-2022, 11:06 PM
RE: Shelby Valley 68 Prestonsburg 21 - by BillSelf - 10-03-2022, 09:47 AM