Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
(11-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote: How many seniors does Corbin lose

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

Losing 16 Seniors. Happy Thanksgiving Gold River!

(11-25-2021, 12:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Darth Hater Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 12:20 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?
No idea. But Corbin isn't a program that lacks talent or coaching and neither is JC. JC is a tough match up for anyone because they love to possess the football. And you are right in that if you can find a way to either keep them out of 3rd/4th and short or stop them on 3rd/4th and short a couple three times a game your chances of winning drastically improve. Of course you are going to have to find a couple three big plays on offense in the meantime. Those are not easy things to do because JC starts teaching their guys to play this way at an early age. JMO

Shouldn't Corbin be a tough matchup for them as well? Do you think Corbin utilized all their talent in the last game? Happy Thanksgiving!

Not even close on utilizing the talent IMO. Happy Thanksgiving PJDoug! pass the desert!  Big Grin

I have plenty and you're welcome anytime. You should see my brisket.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19 - by pjdoug - 11-25-2021, 05:27 PM