Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
46.67%
Elizabethtown
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland vs. Elizabethtown (3A State Championship)
(12-15-2020, 07:18 PM)Keepnitreal Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 02:57 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:25 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
This was a pretty good Belfry team....not great by any means.   Ashland did a good job of containing the run game.  However, Belfry is so one dimensional....as was Russell.   Those were the Tomcats best wins by far.  Interesting too see how they handle a team with at least some semblance of a passing game.  E-town may not throw it a lot... it they can throw it.   
 Should be a Good game.
Russell was far from one dimensional this year.  In the second Ashland game they rushed for about 120 and passed for about 100.  Probably one of the most balanced teams in the area actually.
This years Belfry team wasn’t close to Belfry teams we’ve seen in recent years. I picked Ashland to win but I didn’t feel like they made much of a statement and it was a good opportunity for them to. Not certain that either team has enough of an edge to pull away big. Curious to see how this one plays out.

E Town 21
Ashland 17
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland vs. Elizabethtown (3A State Championship) - by Blue_Bird96 - 12-17-2020, 12:57 PM