Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland vs. Elizabethtown (3A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts? Predictions? I haven’t watched any of E-Town to even give my opinion yet. Ashland D needs to keep up the outstanding play.
I have watched some of E Town. I know that they play a wing T offense and always have some athletes. Ashland’s will have to be ready to play in order to stop some of the athletes E Town brings to the table. I was mistaken about the Belfry game but I really don’t think that Ashland will have the athletes to play with the athletes of E Town. E Towns defense is quick to the football. Ashland’s offense will have to be better to stay in the game.
Just finished watching E-Town Central Hardin game. Ashland going to have to play very good football Saturday.
I haven’t seen E-town play but if Ashland comes with the the intensity that I saw them play with against Belfry they will be a very tough out. In the past several years Ashland has had solid athletes but has lacked nastiness. This team has talent with a mean streak to go with it and I think that has made the difference this season. It is always a good thing to see one of our area teams make it to the big dance and I wish all of the players and coaches the best of luck next week!
Ashland beats those foreigners from out west
If I’m not mistaken E-Town’s juniors and seniors are the same group that won back to back middle school state championships.

Ashland needs to control the clock with their ground game. If it becomes a shoot E-town pulls away.
Defense wins championships Offense sells tickets. Ashland has given up 45 points in 10 games. E-Town averages 45 points a game. Somethings got to give. . I’ll be their watching this game live and expect a great game.
E-Town 28 - Ashland 10.
I think Ashland pulls this one out
Ashland 28-20.
Ashland has given up less points in 3A, but Etown has put up the most points in 3A. Etown will have to much speed, and has more play makers. Etown 28-14
I’m going to go with:

Etown 21
Ashland 14
It surprised me big time for Ashland to only give up 3 points to Belfry last week. But on a turf field I give Etown the edge.
Ashland :
102 yards passing per game
300 yards rushing
4.5 ppg allowed
6-0 vs top 7000
best win #2289

Elizabethtown
194 passing per game
224 rushing
14.6 ppg allowed
7-0 vs top 7000
best win #2456
Pittman and Garrett for Ashland both run Track and had a field day on the Turf at Bell County earlier this season. I know E-Town has speed and plays most if not all it’s games on Turf so they will have a slight advantage. If Ashland can get those 2 into the 2nd 3rd level, no one for E- Town is catching them. Ashland D plays like it capable and has been, they won’t need many points to win.
Should be interesting. E-town has great size, and speed all over the field. Ashland has speed as well. I thought YAC yardage and solid tackling were the most important factors going into the Belfry/Ashland game. I don't see those things changing in this one. Whoever tackles the best and limits the YAC stat will win the game.

E-town 28
Ashland 20
What is the difference in enrollment between these two teams?
After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
(12-14-2020, 08:25 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
This was a pretty good Belfry team....not great by any means.   Ashland did a good job of containing the run game.  However, Belfry is so one dimensional....as was Russell.   Those were the Tomcats best wins by far.  Interesting too see how they handle a team with at least some semblance of a passing game.  E-town may not throw it a lot... it they can throw it.   
 Should be a Good game.
Which team handles the nerves of playing for a title the best? Which team handles a 11 am Saturday morning kick also. Both those may play a huge part of this game.
(12-15-2020, 02:57 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2020, 08:25 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
This was a pretty good Belfry team....not great by any means.   Ashland did a good job of containing the run game.  However, Belfry is so one dimensional....as was Russell.   Those were the Tomcats best wins by far.  Interesting too see how they handle a team with at least some semblance of a passing game.  E-town may not throw it a lot... it they can throw it.   
 Should be a Good game.
Russell was far from one dimensional this year.  In the second Ashland game they rushed for about 120 and passed for about 100.  Probably one of the most balanced teams in the area actually.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
 Should be a Good game.
Russell was far from one dimensional this year.  In the second Ashland game they rushed for about 120 and passed for about 100.  Probably one of the most balanced teams in the area actually.
I agree with Keepnitreal. This Russell team was the most balanced Russell team that I have seen in many years.
E Town has too much speed and their defensive lineman is one of the best in the state. They play very similar to Belfry but they are better than Belfry. They have a lot of athletes on the field. They average the most points in the division. I don’t see Ashland being able to move the ball on E Town. 

E Town- 28
Ashland- 14

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
Definitely don’t see it being that kind of game. Belfry was a fairly decent team. Ashland’s two best wins are Russell and Belfry and neither teams were world breakers. E Town is very talented. Great defense and can be explosive offensively. I was a starter on the 2019 Belfry State Championship team and that Ashland team would have a better chance. 

E Town- 28
Ashland- 14

E Town has too much speed and their defensive lineman is one of the best in the state. They play very similar to Belfry but they are better than Belfry. They have a lot of athletes on the field. They average the most points in the division. I don’t see Ashland being able to move the ball on E Town. 

E Town- 28
Ashland- 14
Tomcats QB play is not good enough to win this I don’t think. Shut the run down like Russell did and he is probably not going to beat you throwing the ball.
(12-15-2020, 07:18 PM)Keepnitreal Wrote: [ -> ]

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
 Should be a Good game.
This years Belfry team wasn’t close to Belfry teams we’ve seen in recent years. I picked Ashland to win but I didn’t feel like they made much of a statement and it was a good opportunity for them to. Not certain that either team has enough of an edge to pull away big. Curious to see how this one plays out.

E Town 21
Ashland 17
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
Keepnitreal Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Gridiron_Raid Wrote:After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
 Should be a Good game.
This years Belfry team wasn’t close to Belfry teams we’ve seen in recent years. I picked Ashland to win but I didn’t feel like they made much of a statement and it was a good opportunity for them to.  Not certain that either team has enough of an edge to pull away big. Curious to see how this one plays out.

E Town 21
Ashland 17
I think this is a very fair assessment.   Belfry was not nearly as good as years past.....and this may be the beginning of a trend over the next couple of seasons.    I will be interested too see what E-town brings to party in terms of athleticism and offensive diversity.   Should be a good game.
(12-17-2020, 02:16 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
Keepnitreal Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Gridiron_Raid Wrote:After seeing Ashland play the way they have this season, I don’t see how this is a discussion. I thought I saw some wholes that Bell County presented as they moved the ball down the field a lot, but then the tomcats produced 5 turnovers and 4 in the red zone. Belfry has put up huge numbers on the ground and dixon/coleman has been the best duo in the class, but the tomcats hold them to 3 points. Etown looks promising but I cannot see them beating ashland this year.

Tomcats- 35
Etown-10
 Should be a Good game.
This years Belfry team wasn’t close to Belfry teams we’ve seen in recent years. I picked Ashland to win but I didn’t feel like they made much of a statement and it was a good opportunity for them to.  Not certain that either team has enough of an edge to pull away big. Curious to see how this one plays out.

E Town 21
Ashland 17
I think this is a very fair assessment.   Belfry was not nearly as good as years past.....and this may be the beginning of a trend over the next couple of seasons.    I will be interested too see what E-town brings to party in terms of athleticism and offensive diversity.   Should be a good game.
The depth simply was not there at several positions and they were able to mask it with some fantastic individual play.

Belfry has two years coming up where the talent pool will be as shallow as it has been since 2009-2010. On top of that, you have to replace two guys with D-1 level offers, one of the best RB's in Belfry history, and several starters on both sides of the ball and up front, several of which will be playing on Saturdays at the D-3 or NAIA level.

The good news is Belfry has a fantastic 8th Grade class that will probably start to contribute as Sophomores then really be a cornerstone to build on their Junior and Senior seasons if all goes as planned. I like some of the young guys on this year's team like the Dre Young kid and I think Mikey Hylton is going to be an excellent QB as well, when that group is Seniors and the incoming crew are Juniors I think Belfry will be back in contention for sure.

Next year will be the most vulnerable Belfry has been for a while and the first time I legitimately cannot see them as a legitimate title threat in over a decade. Still some good players, still Haywood coaching, still good Assistant Coaches that develop, and still a sense of pride to represent the program.. so I think Belfry will remain a tough out... but no where near where they have been where Belfry could replace an injured player with minimal dropoff.

Remember the name Isaiah Stanley though. Was a star on that 8th Grade team. Belfry has missed that workhorse Fullback, probably never more than this season, and Stanley has the potential to be that next guy you can hand it to 20+ times who also plays LB'er and owns the middle of the field. There is also the next Caudill on the way! For those that remembered Micah and Jonah Caudill, Ace Caudill is a fleet footed HB on that 8th Grade team with lots of promise that will put you in mind of his dad and uncle. Cayden Varney also will be a nice athlete who made a lot of plays.
Ashland getting to practice on turf this week. Boyd County nice enough to allow the Cats to practice on their new field.
Also Coal Grove in Ohio let Ashland practice on their turf. Game day Tomcats. Leave it all on the field.
Ashland 21
E-Town 20
Pages: 1 2