Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best First Baseman in the 15th Region?
firebird Wrote:lucinda castle was the best third baseman i ever saw and she didnt play colege ball.jennifer chaffins was the best catcheri ever saw and she didnt play college softball.lot of great kids out there maybe one day our girls will get there props.our girls always hve to work harder.jchs had one girl last year play on and the year before anyone frompaintsville play on i personally dont know of any.is ashamed there dreams are over after high school,but lets face not alot of opportunity for girls.
there is plenty of opportunities for these girls to advance to the next level and get their education paid for.they might have to go out of state but i know of one college in ga. that is just starting a softball program and will give out 15 scholarships this fall.there are a lot of d2,d3 and juco programs searching for players.they just have to be aware of who the players are.most college coaches find out about players from the players themselves.that's how schaeffer from lawrence county got looks from marshall,eastern,transy,and she picked eku over all the others.she made contact with about twenty schools and had requests for video from 12 schools.there is a lot to the recruiting process but the process needs to start with the player and parents.
Messages In This Thread
Best First Baseman in the 15th Region? - by ggh04 - 03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Best First Baseman in the 15th Region? - by ggh04 - 05-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Best First Baseman in the 15th Region? - by dawgbyte02 - 05-13-2006, 03:13 PM