Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best First Baseman in the 15th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me hear it...Who do ya'll think is the Best First Baseman in the 15th Region...?...I'll post who I think it is later...
Chelsee Jarrell - Paintsville
Shelly...?...I Still Can't think of her last name... - JCHS

Don't really think you can get any better at first base then these two...
[quote author=justanotherfaceinthecrowd link=topic=20644.msg209968#msg209968 date=1142204951]

[/quote]

Brittnay Stacy from SCHS, SHE IS THE TEAM! haha
[quote author=schspanther06 link=topic=20644.msg212307#msg212307 date=1142516137]
[quote author=justanotherfaceinthecrowd link=topic=20644.msg209968#msg209968 date=1142204951]

[/quote]

Brittnay Stacy from SCHS, SHE IS THE TEAM! haha
[/quote]

I saw this girl pay last night when I was at the LC & SC scrimmage game... PRETTY GOOD Stacy...pretty good! :thumpsup:
justanotherfaceinthecrowd Wrote:Chelsee Jarrell - Paintsville

her name is shellie stambaugh and she is the best first basemen in the 15th region.
Check out the thread on ranking the players in each district...
i think its obvious whos the best first baseman in the 15th region is .been around the sport ten years never seen better. shellie stambaugh jchs she is awesome.
firebird Wrote:i think its obvious whos the best first baseman in the 15th region is .been around the sport ten years never seen better. shellie stambaugh jchs she is awesome.
Not taking anything away from Shellie as she does a fine job, but if you have never seen better, then you must not have a very good grasp on softball.
I have only seen LCHS play a few times but their first baseman has made some nice plays and is one of the quicker I have seen in the region.
havent seen her play this year but if she is better she must be awesome
and hun i live and breath softball coached many a year
firebird Wrote:and hun i live and breath softball coached many a year

what about that new kid who played 1st for SC? Who was that and was she that good?
saw lchs fist baseman she can not touch central firstbaseman
firebird Wrote:saw lchs fist baseman she can not touch central firstbaseman

Slelly is a` good kid and a good first baseman, But it is really not worth debating it with you, These kids don't need to hear most of it!
All I am saying is that you stated you have been around for a long time and that she is the best the region has had, and even though it might be your biased opinion, it just isn't the truth. if it was, we definately would have had threads on here about how she is D1 material, but it staying close to home to play at ALC.
whos says she playing alc
Who is the first basemen at SV?
firebird Wrote:whos says she playing alc
Well....tell us where she will be playing then. And just what makes her the best that this region has had for over a decade. I am just curious now to see your insight on great first basemen.
I will give you my ideas on the old one sacker......first, they must be abe to catch just about anything, picks and digs, has range, knowledge and is mobile.
It would be nice if they could swing a stick and run bases.
The only person that comes to my mind in recent years that fits the mold for me was Julie Whittaker.
julie plaayed for me know her,but she wasnt a true first baseman.she was a good player but not a true firstbaseman.i guess we will have to just agre to disagree .because this sint the plce for slinging crap.
firebird Wrote:julie plaayed for me know her,but she wasnt a true first baseman.she was a good player but not a true firstbaseman.i guess we will have to just agre to disagree .because this sint the plce for slinging crap.
I agree!!:igiveup:
To tell the truth, I have watched several hundred games in the past few years or so and although several girls have done fine jobs at 1rst base, I can't remember any that recieved a scholorship anywhere because of their play at first so this thread really doesn't make sense. I mean, why not ask who the best DP/Flex player is!!
Who was crap slinging... Guru, were crap slinging again? How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from the humans. However, it seems as though you have gotten someone all torn up! Shelly Stambaugh is the best 1st basmen this region has ever had... well alrighty then. I'm going to sleep now and try to forget this thread, it's pointless.
IISnakE Wrote:Who was crap slinging... Guru, were crap slinging again? How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from the humans. However, it seems as though you have gotten someone all torn up! Shelly Stambaugh is the best 1st basmen this region has ever had... well alrighty then. I'm going to sleep now and try to forget this thread, it's pointless.

I hope you enjoy your nap. There is one first baseman who received a scholarship...Kelly Hale (Belfry 00-05). I have watched softball since its inception...by far the best defensively and offensively.
[QUOTE=eagerbeaver]I hope you enjoy your nap. There is one first baseman who received a scholarship...Kelly Hale (Belfry 00-05). I have watched softball since its inception...by far the best defensively and offensively.[/QUO I had the opportunity to see her play but only twice, She was very good but I was unaware she schollied!!! great job!
lucinda castle was the best third baseman i ever saw and she didnt play colege ball.jennifer chaffins was the best catcheri ever saw and she didnt play college softball.lot of great kids out there maybe one day our girls will get there props.our girls always hve to work harder.jchs had one girl last year play on and the year before anyone frompaintsville play on i personally dont know of any.is ashamed there dreams are over after high school,but lets face not alot of opportunity for girls.
firebird Wrote:lucinda castle was the best third baseman i ever saw and she didnt play colege ball.jennifer chaffins was the best catcheri ever saw and she didnt play college softball.lot of great kids out there maybe one day our girls will get there props.our girls always hve to work harder.jchs had one girl last year play on and the year before anyone frompaintsville play on i personally dont know of any.is ashamed there dreams are over after high school,but lets face not alot of opportunity for girls.
Lucinda wasn't college matterial IMO, Jen could care less about playing, heck, she didn't even play her jr and sr years.
Paintsville has had a few get serious looks from colleges, but just were not interested.
The best catcher from the 15th i have seen was a girl from valley a couple or three years ago.
firebird Wrote:lucinda castle was the best third baseman i ever saw and she didnt play colege ball.jennifer chaffins was the best catcheri ever saw and she didnt play college softball.lot of great kids out there maybe one day our girls will get there props.our girls always hve to work harder.jchs had one girl last year play on and the year before anyone frompaintsville play on i personally dont know of any.is ashamed there dreams are over after high school,but lets face not alot of opportunity for girls.
there is plenty of opportunities for these girls to advance to the next level and get their education paid for.they might have to go out of state but i know of one college in ga. that is just starting a softball program and will give out 15 scholarships this fall.there are a lot of d2,d3 and juco programs searching for players.they just have to be aware of who the players are.most college coaches find out about players from the players themselves.that's how schaeffer from lawrence county got looks from marshall,eastern,transy,and she picked eku over all the others.she made contact with about twenty schools and had requests for video from 12 schools.there is a lot to the recruiting process but the process needs to start with the player and parents.
Wendi Harris at Belfry is no slouch. Has gradually gotten better each game this year. Watch her next year she's gonna be great..
Stephanie Burke is sv 1st baseman