Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. at North Laurel 10-16-20
(10-15-2020, 01:28 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Compare resumes? Come on now let’s not forget NL was a garbage school with no talent and no wins before Larkey got there. NL might have won like 10 games in 10+ years prior to the arrival of Larkey. We the fans would take the young Larkey back any day at Rock and be very competitive year in an year out. He has plenty of years to get better and he may not reach the level of his dad but let’s face it his dad is a footbal idol and well known and respected not many coaches out their in the state that is even on his level. Like I said don’t know a lot of Whitley current coaching staff just know that as a whole the Whitley County program was one that is miles ahead of what NL was when Larkey took over. This is Irwin second year in Whitley and I’m sure in due time he will have a competive team but we all know it’s not what have you done but rather what have you done lately and since he has been at Whitley it’s not been a lot yet. Friday will tell the tale and I think NL wins.

South Laurel was about what they normally are when Irwin took over, they hadn’t won a game the season prior. The last season he coached there they went 9-3 and made it to the 3 rd round of the playoffs under the old 4 class system. Irwin was also playing teams whose win loss record was above .500 during this time. I don’t know Larkey personally and for all I know he could go saint like into heaven but I can read records and stats so just color me unimpressed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if the people of NL are satisfied with the job he’s doing then rock on I’m not an administrator and he sure don’t need my approval.

(10-15-2020, 08:35 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 01:28 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Compare resumes? Come on now let’s not forget NL was a garbage school with no talent and no wins before Larkey got there. NL might have won like 10 games in 10+ years prior to the arrival of Larkey. We the fans would take the young Larkey back any day at Rock and be very competitive year in an year out. He has plenty of years to get better and he may not reach the level of his dad but let’s face it his dad is a footbal idol and well known and respected not many coaches out their in the state that is even on his level. Like I said don’t know a lot of Whitley current coaching staff just know that as a whole the Whitley County program was one that is miles ahead of what NL was when Larkey took over. This is Irwin second year in Whitley and I’m sure in due time he will have a competive team but we all know it’s not what have you done but rather what have you done lately and since he has been at Whitley it’s not been a lot yet. Friday will tell the tale and I think NL wins.

North should be second in district this year with what PC brings back and got smoked last week. Whitley finished second in district last year in irwins first year. North should’ve beat Whitley twice last year and instead of kneeling Larkey ran the ball and fumbled and then let them score with 40 seconds left in round 1 of playoffs. So far it’s Irwin 2 Larkey 0.

Yep
Messages In This Thread
RE: Whitley Co. at North Laurel 10-16-20 - by TD Hounds - 10-15-2020, 02:46 PM