Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. at North Laurel 10-16-20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whitley County (0-4) at North Laurel (2-3). Who wins??
North Laurel-28
Whitley Co-12
My upset game of the week.

Whitley County 28
North Laurel 24
(10-13-2020, 01:35 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]My upset game of the week.

Whitley County 28
North Laurel 24
Looking at Whitley losses you could be onto something here
North Laurel by 1 in a barn burner.
I think Whitley is a lot better than their record indicates. I think they win 27-21.
This will be a close game, no question. Not sure if Whitley can pull it off or not, but they will have a punchers chance.
Whitley has the better coaching staff not sure if they have the talent to go with it in this game.
I wouldn’t say that Whitley has a better HEAD coach I still think Larkey will be a great coach like his dad. He is still young but knows what he is doing not sure of the entire staff as a whole or much about Whitley staff but I still think north has a better team overall and that they get the W in this one l.

NL 34
WC 26
(10-13-2020, 04:21 PM)Chad Kroeger Wrote: [ -> ]I think Whitley is a lot better than their record indicates. I think they win 27-21.

They've suffered from having to play all three schools in Pulaski County.
Leading tackler and athlete ( for Whitley) out for season, I give the nod to north 35-14.
(10-13-2020, 06:57 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley has the better coaching staff not sure if they have the talent to go with it in this game.

Hit the nail on the head Irwin is miles ahead of Larkey.
(10-13-2020, 10:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t say that Whitley has a better HEAD coach I still think Larkey will be a great coach like his dad. He is still young but knows what he is doing not sure of the entire staff as a whole or much about Whitley staff but I still think north has a better team overall and that they get the W in this one l.

NL 34
WC 26

Compare the resumes, it’s not even close. Under the new class system Irwin would have won at least one if not two regional championships during his stint at South. He won three or more regionals and played in the finals at a 5A school in Georgia. The younger Larkey isn’t even in the same stratosphere as being as good of a coach as his old man, but because of talent he’s gonna win Friday night.
Compare resumes? Come on now let’s not forget NL was a garbage school with no talent and no wins before Larkey got there. NL might have won like 10 games in 10+ years prior to the arrival of Larkey. We the fans would take the young Larkey back any day at Rock and be very competitive year in an year out. He has plenty of years to get better and he may not reach the level of his dad but let’s face it his dad is a footbal idol and well known and respected not many coaches out their in the state that is even on his level. Like I said don’t know a lot of Whitley current coaching staff just know that as a whole the Whitley County program was one that is miles ahead of what NL was when Larkey took over. This is Irwin second year in Whitley and I’m sure in due time he will have a competive team but we all know it’s not what have you done but rather what have you done lately and since he has been at Whitley it’s not been a lot yet. Friday will tell the tale and I think NL wins.
(10-15-2020, 01:28 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Compare resumes? Come on now let’s not forget NL was a garbage school with no talent and no wins before Larkey got there. NL might have won like 10 games in 10+ years prior to the arrival of Larkey. We the fans would take the young Larkey back any day at Rock and be very competitive year in an year out. He has plenty of years to get better and he may not reach the level of his dad but let’s face it his dad is a footbal idol and well known and respected not many coaches out their in the state that is even on his level. Like I said don’t know a lot of Whitley current coaching staff just know that as a whole the Whitley County program was one that is miles ahead of what NL was when Larkey took over. This is Irwin second year in Whitley and I’m sure in due time he will have a competive team but we all know it’s not what have you done but rather what have you done lately and since he has been at Whitley it’s not been a lot yet. Friday will tell the tale and I think NL wins.

North should be second in district this year with what PC brings back and got smoked last week. Whitley finished second in district last year in irwins first year. North should’ve beat Whitley twice last year and instead of kneeling Larkey ran the ball and fumbled and then let them score with 40 seconds left in round 1 of playoffs. So far it’s Irwin 2 Larkey 0.
Who cares. Its safe to pay respect to both teams coaching staffs. All great men on the field. Half of yall couldnt coach diddly squat compared to either one. Larkey will too eventually be legendary just like his old man. Eventually..

I'm still picking north in this match up

Welcome to the jungle..
(10-15-2020, 01:28 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Compare resumes? Come on now let’s not forget NL was a garbage school with no talent and no wins before Larkey got there. NL might have won like 10 games in 10+ years prior to the arrival of Larkey. We the fans would take the young Larkey back any day at Rock and be very competitive year in an year out. He has plenty of years to get better and he may not reach the level of his dad but let’s face it his dad is a footbal idol and well known and respected not many coaches out their in the state that is even on his level. Like I said don’t know a lot of Whitley current coaching staff just know that as a whole the Whitley County program was one that is miles ahead of what NL was when Larkey took over. This is Irwin second year in Whitley and I’m sure in due time he will have a competive team but we all know it’s not what have you done but rather what have you done lately and since he has been at Whitley it’s not been a lot yet. Friday will tell the tale and I think NL wins.

South Laurel was about what they normally are when Irwin took over, they hadn’t won a game the season prior. The last season he coached there they went 9-3 and made it to the 3 rd round of the playoffs under the old 4 class system. Irwin was also playing teams whose win loss record was above .500 during this time. I don’t know Larkey personally and for all I know he could go saint like into heaven but I can read records and stats so just color me unimpressed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if the people of NL are satisfied with the job he’s doing then rock on I’m not an administrator and he sure don’t need my approval.

(10-15-2020, 08:35 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]

North should be second in district this year with what PC brings back and got smoked last week. Whitley finished second in district last year in irwins first year. North should’ve beat Whitley twice last year and instead of kneeling Larkey ran the ball and fumbled and then let them score with 40 seconds left in round 1 of playoffs. So far it’s Irwin 2 Larkey 0.

Yep
Chappel kid for North is a rising star. 6'3" freshman starting both ways. Leading North in receptions and unassisted tackles from dback spot. Very rangy fast kid. Father is big man so I would expect him to grow in to his body. He will be a linrbacker as junior and senior. North will be loaded in two years. They have great freshman and sophomore classes.
(10-15-2020, 03:19 PM)E's Army Wrote: [ -> ]Chappel kid for North is a rising star. 6'3" freshman starting both ways. Leading North in receptions and unassisted tackles from dback spot. Very rangy fast kid. Father is big man so I would expect him to grow in to his body. He will be a linrbacker as junior and senior. North will be loaded in two years. They have great freshman and sophomore classes.
It’s not a good sign when you’re safety is leading the team in tackles... I watched north play and honestly expected more out of them. They were their best when QB got hurt and forced them to get under center and run. They can be good but Larkey doesn’t get the most out of his players. Too many good athletes and big bodies for them to not be better sadly.
Colonels gonna smoke some Jaguar hind end Smile
Lol can those Larkey fans please come back on here. North comes in with the 4 seed and was preseason 2’s. Irwin can coach his ass off.
And Who’s the better Coach...
(10-16-2020, 11:07 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol can those Larkey fans please come back on here. North comes in with the 4 seed and was preseason 2’s. Irwin can coach his ass off.
I've never been so excited about a team that was winless coming into this one. They have a solid staff, and slowly building a tough program. Lots of young kids getting playing time.
(10-16-2020, 11:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2020, 11:07 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol can those Larkey fans please come back on here. North comes in with the 4 seed and was preseason 2’s. Irwin can coach his ass off.
I've never been so excited about a team that was winless coming into this one. They have a solid staff, and slowly building a tough program. Lots of young kids getting playing time.

Congrats buddy I’m glad to see it